Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She has to defend lots of points there and people expect something from her, but she´s unseeded this year and the bigger expectations should be on Mauresmo definetly

But what happens if she´s still injured and decides to play or if she´s to face a top seed in round 1 ?

Come in and discuss what and you think will happen to Mary

- withdrawing
- facing a top seed and going out early or going deep into the event
- facing a non seed and going out early

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
i think if mary faces any seeds from around 10-32 she has an excellent chance to win the matches if she isnt injured!!!

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
I cannot see how she is under pressure. Her problems with injuries are well documented and I would be surprised if people were expecting too much of her.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Mary plays only if she is 100%!!
And when she is healthy she will be a big threat for everyone...Also to Top 10 players!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
m_pierce fan said:
Mary plays only if she is 100%!!
And when she is healthy she will be a big threat for everyone...Also to Top 10 players!!
Yeah, I agree and if Mary face a seed NO.10-NO.32 she has a chance to beat these girls...she has potential enough to go in deep round :kiss:

·
Registered
12,546 Posts
go mary :wavey: :hearts:

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Mary doesnt have any pressure. Neither her or anyone else expect her to defend all her points from last year. If shes healthy and has a good draw theres no reason why she cant get to the 4th round or maybe even the QF with a REALLY good draw!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
HOw many pts do she have to defend? I don't recall her having that many at all. I think she made an early exit last year if I am not correct.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
maccardel said:
HOw many pts do she have to defend? I don't recall her having that many at all. I think she made an early exit last year if I am not correct.

Quarterfinals isn't exactly what I'd call losing early.:)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Ryan15 said:
Quarterfinals isn't exactly what I'd call losing early.:)
I forgot about that......thanks.

·
Plainclothes Division
6,350 Posts
The only pressure on Mary is ranking pressure. And I don't think she's all that concerned about it.

As for how she'll do, it depends largely on her form (game and physical), and her draw. She could draw anyone from Serena to a wildcard in round 1.

I'd put Mary in a situation similar to Monica's. If she's healthy enough to play, and sharp enough to get into the middle of the tournament, she'll be dangerous.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
I was gonna say what Flatstat basically did. If she was still on a tear like she was in 2000, there would be pressure, er, expectation. But she has not been at her best, so I am sure people simply hope for the best for her, but not expect too much. However, I always thought her fans in France were fickle, and they only support her when she's up, and not exactly when she's down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts