Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
I can tell you for sure there's a thread about it but I can't be arsed to dig it up. As a former pro interest in Pova has declined big time on TF.

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
For more than 3 months she wasn't back in Los Angeles
She was in NYC mid-October for around 10 days
She went back to the US again in mid-November for a week after her holidays in Africa. 1st at home in Manhattan Beach then in NYC before heading back to Bordighera at Piatti TC for her pre-season prep

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
She was in NYC mid-October for around 10 days
She went back to the US again in mid-November for a week after her holidays in Africa. 1st at home in Manhattan Beach then in NYC before heading back to Bordighera at Piatti TC for her pre-season prep
Maybe she's moving in with her BF to nyc

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
there is nothing that rich Russian people love more than US citizenship, and Sharapova and her father likely got it a long time ago... but on the other hand, when you have that kind of money that she does, it doesn't matter whether you're a citizen or not, you can always arrange what you need (as long as you don't fuck it up by making political statements).

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
His (repeated) derailments of other threads on this subject are misguided, because most of the cases are about individual athletes who are relocating to the US not only to train, but to work (i.e. employment as gymnastics coaches, etc.) and compete (or competed) in sports that don't pay as well as tennis. In order to get that kind of long-term visa, you have to prove you have specific skills that are both in demand and cannot be found in the community you've settled in.

Often, you can fast-track your permanent residence status by buying property worth a certain value. Most tennis players are able to buy their way in if they aren't already in as permanent residents as the children of successful applicants.

This is all broad strokes. There are specifics and nuances I won't get into, but this is the easiest way to explain the difference.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I can tell you for sure there's a thread about it but I can't be arsed to dig it up. As a former pro interest in Pova has declined big time on TF.
Lol. Who do you think you are bullshitting?

"As a former pro, interest has declined big time on TF" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sure Jan.

Sharapova is FOREVER relevant. Always will be. In case you have been living under a rock, Sharapova is always the most relevant player here. Not that it really matters since TF isn't quite the barometer it was probably 5 years ago when Serena and Maria ruled with no equals. That is a fact.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts