Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just saw when they showed the 4th round matchups on tv that Clijsters is representing the Netherlands-the commentator even said it... but on the French Open draw, it says that she is from Belgium...

Can some1 pls clarify this for me :confused:

:wavey:

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Errr, Kim's definitely representing Belgium. On which channel was it, because I think it's a very dumb commentator...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
hell no...
not the Netherlands... ;)
Australia all right, but please Kim... Never take the dutch nationality!

·
Registered
350 Posts
stephano hair said:
i just saw when they showed the 4th round matchups on tv that Clijsters is representing the Netherlands-the commentator even said it... but on the French Open draw, it says that she is from Belgium...

i guess the problem is Belgium is one of the "LOWlands" and they might have confused thsi with the Netherlands. (which is in fact a bad translation for the "Neder Landen" or "Low lands)...

But off course, Americans have troubles with small European countries...

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
It was on Fox Sports - the aussie version- and it was stupid John Barrett :rolleyes:

certaintly hope Lei doesn't here about it, cause i don't think he'd take to well to hearing that his daughter is representing the Netherlands :p

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
stephano hair said:

the same way you are from USA and not AUS :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts