Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching the match between Kim and Ruano, I have 4 questions?
1. Is Kim too good on clay?
2. Is she feigning injury to intimidate her opponents?
3. Is Pascal that crap of a single player?
4. How does Pascal and partner manage to win matches?

By the way Kim won 6-1 , 6-0 in less than an hour.

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Today she won??

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Kimumwe said:
After watching the match between Kim and Ruano, I have 4 questions?
1. Is Kim too good on clay?
2. Is she feigning injury to intimidate her opponents?
3. Is Pascal that crap of a single player?
4. How does Pascal and partner manage to win matches?

By the way Kim won 6-1 , 6-0 in less than an hour.
I don't think Kim's injury was ever that serious, I think she may have just taken a precaution during that match. Ruano Pascual mad the quarters at the AO 2003 I believe, and clay is her best surface. Kim is just very good against lower ranked players.

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
I take it back, found out she did.. WOO thats pretty sick, congrats Kim!

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
VRP is a good singles player (made quarters at the Australian this year) but not in Kim's league.

Also, VRP was probably very nervous since she made the quarters here last year, and thus has to defend a lot of points. Which she didn't do, obviously.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Virginia Ruano is really a great player. He has two GS quarters (RG´95 and AO´03), but Kim is better

Vamos Vivi !!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Did anyone see Kim-Ruano??? How did Kim play??? :D :worship: :bounce:

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Kim's injury is precation exactly, and what was Virgina going to do out there? I believe the only luck Virgina has had against the top players "was" Martina Hingis, no power, Virgina much stronger, and could run her all over and around the place. Virgina coldn't run kim, she also can't move to well, therefore she is out and gone!

good luck against Cara Black kim! may be tough~

·
Spaghetti Warrior
6,944 Posts
Bigkimfan said:
Did anyone see Kim-Ruano??? How did Kim play??? :D :worship: :bounce:
Not that bad I suppose ;)

Wow Kim :D:worship: How long did it take? :eek: It was finished at 21.18....and I suppose they didn't start before 20.35? :confused: Man that was quick :eek:

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
Kim struglled last week, because it was her first clay court tournament after a month of vacation, I am certain she will play better this week, than she did last week.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
tfannis said:

Wow Kim :D:worship: How long did it take? :eek: It was finished at 21.18....and I suppose they didn't start before 20.35? :confused: Man that was quick :eek:
I think it started at 20.40! :worship: :D

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Virginia is a very solid, consistently good top 30-50 singles player, who can defeat top players on her day, if they are slightly off, (ie. Serena Wimbledon 98 or 99, Hingis Wimbledon 2001), but, in general, is nowhere in the league of the top 10 players. I'm sure there was pretty much nothing she could have done against Kim.

In doubles, however, she and Paola make an amazing team, capable of beating just about anyone :worship: :D

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Ginie is good but does have a tendancy to be crapper then ever. Kim probably dropped out of doubles as not to agrivate the injury.

GO KIM

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
tfannis said:

from BBC website, May 14, 2003:

'In Wednesday's other matches, second seed Kim Clijsters of Belgium took just 39 minutes to dispatch Spain's Virginia Ruano Pascual 6-1 6-0.'

:eek: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Vivi is a great singles player, her problem is when playing hard-hitters.
BTW Vivi and Paola manage really well when playing doubles last year 2 GS and finalists in Wimby;)

·
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.
17,776 Posts
I think that it was just a Vivi's bad day. Anyway, I didn't expect more than a 6-2 6-3 or 6-3 6-3 loss by Vivi, but well, Kim's game doesn't suit Vivi's at all.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts