Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kim has been playing all the hard court warm ups with no break. She has had good results, but worried she may be playing too much....

What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I worry about it, too, but she decided to not play doubles this week or next. That helps as she had 2 days off earlier this week, and will get some days off next week. She will then get a week of rest before the Open.

Because most of Kim's matches are easy, and because she isn't playing much doubles this summer, I think she will be Ok. She's young...

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
I was thinking the same... this is her 3rd week, plus she played FedCup a weekend before that and then she is going to Toronto... (where I'm sure she'll play both singles and doubles).

She certainly knows her limits better than any of us here, but she didn't look fresh in her final against Justine.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
tenn_ace - you must not have read my reply before posting. Kim has said she will not play doubles until the Open as it wore her out last week.

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
jenglisbe said:
tenn_ace - you must not have read my reply before posting. Kim has said she will not play doubles until the Open as it wore her out last week.
well that's a good decision, but she should skip Toronto in singles too IMO... she's well positioned in both Ranking and Race.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
tenn_ace - I think she should have skipped L.A. Toronto is worth more points, and then she wouldn't have 2 weeks off - kind of a long time - right before a major.

Either way, Kim isn't taking our suggestion of a break

·
Registered
24,486 Posts
Kim's playing too much IMO. But it's better since she is not playing doubles...still I think she should pull out of Toronto

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
the WTA is forcing her to play so much, since VéS are out

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
Shes playing way to much... she should play once a fortnight now week in week out esspecially with the doubles... shes playing like 6-8 matches in one week for both doubles and singes!!.. theres gotta be more to life for her!?! :drool:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
nobody can force you to play when you don't want. kim said last year that she liked to play a lot

·
Registered
111 Posts
i'm a big kim fan and it really worries me how much she is playing. i would certainly rather her do well at the US open rather than play all these little Tournaments just to get the number one. i hope she doesn't play next week.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It is clear that most of her matches are nothing more then practice. A player in a good shape isn't exhausted by playing a match of (mostly) less then an hour once a day. Some people do practice sessing of several hours at home, Kim does it while playing tournaments. It is maybe not nice to say that many of her opponents are just sparring partners but in reality it is.

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
Yes, she is playing too much imo. She is Kim, the ambitious Kim, if playing much is not a problem to her, just play.:)

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
XMan said:
It is clear that most of her matches are nothing more then practice. A player in a good shape isn't exhausted by playing a match of (mostly) less then an hour once a day. Some people do practice sessing of several hours at home, Kim does it while playing tournaments. It is maybe not nice to say that many of her opponents are just sparring partners but in reality it is.
I have watched some of her matches, her forehand is really big, she can beat the lower ranked player by using only her forehand, an hour of practising forehand. :) Her serve should be improved though, way toooooo slow and not too well-placed imo, compared to Serena's.Go kim! :bounce:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Please be aware of your own body , Kimmie !
Health is the most important thing !!!
:)

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
XMan said:
Too bad when the Lennoxs of this world confront her, it´s Kim who becomes the sparring partner. Not bad for a no.1, huh?! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
irma said:
nobody can force you to play when you don't want. kim said last year that she liked to play a lot
Top players often get a fee for entering tournaments ;)

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Rhythmboy said:
Top players often get a fee for entering tournaments ;)

Sorry but if you don't wonna play, you just don't play imo. I think your health is more important than money?:eek:

Well she said herself that she's maybe playing to much and skip a couple of doublestournaments but she won't stop playing doubles,.. she likes it to much!

She's a pro, surrounded by great people ... thay will know what's best for Kim no?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Rhythmboy said:
the WTA is forcing her to play so much, since VéS are out
Why didn't the WTA force Serena or Venus play more when they were fit ?
And why don't they force Justine to play more ?

Maybe, the WTA is asking her, but she has the right to say no. And I'm not sure the WTA ask her to play that much double matches.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts