Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she gets cramps twice this year in slams, has an inflammation in her back and the pat what ever is his name lets her doing workouts after midnight(according to canvas teletext) and her trainer also says he will let her work again this hard this winter. I am just wondering if it will do her good in the long run despite having succes now

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
the results are good so I don't see anything wrong with it :)

You can get cramps from stress so maybe it was that

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
She's only 5'5, shortest of any top players, meaning she has to work harder. She uses her frame on each and every shot she hits to get that power to compete with the top, which results in, yes, CRAMPS.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
In the long run, she will work herself into the ground a la Hewitt if she continues to work as hard as she did last winter (throwing up, running in the rain?!).

In the short term, she will probably be as, if not more successful than Hewitt was (World #1 for 2 years straight, but Hewitt had far better competition than Justine will ever have).

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but still going in the gym after midnight sounds not healthy, maybe there was a reason for it like her back. I only write what I read on teletext and they also wrote that nav adopted a child and kim was babysitting but now I know that was a dog;)

·
Registered
30,738 Posts
What's hard about running in the rain? We had to do it all the time in school ;)

The workouts clearly are working and Justine hasn't had as many injuries as the other players, so...

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Beggin' Beguine said:
What's hard about running in the rain? We had to do it all the time in school ;)
If you do it enough times, you'll develop pneumonia. That might defeat the whole purpose of 'working out' in the first place ;)

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beggin' Beguine said:

The workouts clearly are working and Justine hasn't had as many injuries as the other players, so...
oh yeah the cooper test. I was always the slowest :lol:

·
Registered
30,738 Posts
TennisHack said:
If you do it enough times, you'll develop pneumonia. That might defeat the whole purpose of 'working out' in the first place ;)
If you do it enough times, you develop a resistance to pneumonia. All the times I've had to cycle to school in pouring rain have hardened me.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Beggin' Beguine said:
If you do it enough times, you develop a resistance to pneumonia. All the times I've had to cycle to school in pouring rain have hardened me.
And I suppose you were also lifting weights, doing conditioning training, and spending hours on a tennis court? A body can only handle so much before giving out, you know :)

I'm not saying her workouts aren't working, I'm just saying they may do more harm than good in the long run.

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
its gonna hafta catch up to her eventually. shes not superwoman

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
decemberlove said:
its gonna hafta catch up to her eventually. shes not superwoman
oh yes she is...

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Cramps is al to do with conditioning, that is why they never used to let trainers on court to treat players with cramps. Because they arise because of a players conditioning. So many people say Henin is soooo fit, but then why has she cramped twice - okay once was in the heat of aussie summer so you can understand that. I;m not doubting henin is fit she obviously is.

I think some of her cramping come from her techniquest all of her shots have more than 100% put into them. Her power isn't natural it is manufactured and so she has to extend a lot more energey producing her shots than a lot of other players do. hantuchova for example, when playing well has easy power she deosn't extend much energy at all. Whereas Henin extends heaps on every point, and I think that is what could be causing her cramping.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.