Tennis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that her tennis is at all bothered by it, but it seems like she still squints to see the ball after she hits it? Maybe her eye surgery didn't completely take care of it? Or maybe it's just habit? Nonetheless, it doesn't seem to affect her, as she's only lost 3 games in 2 rounds. I see her getting to the finals.

· Devoted Capriati-Ite
194,523 Posts
LindsayRulez said:
Not that her tennis is at all bothered by it, but it seems like she still squints to see the ball after she hits it? Maybe her eye surgery didn't completely take care of it? Or maybe it's just habit? Nonetheless, it doesn't seem to affect her, as she's only lost 3 games in 2 rounds. I see her getting to the finals.
Eyes are okay, I think!

· YOU'RE WELCOME!
6,830 Posts
The problems with playing under lights that Jen has gone on about for some time now, was not the reason she had the surgery at the back end of last season.

Basically, she had her eyes lasered a fair few years ago to correct her vision to prevent her having to wear contact lenses when she plays. Some side-effect of this is what causes her to see halos around the ball under lights and other assorted problems.

The surgery she had last year was to correct some eye-sight issue called pterygiums or something that looks like that. From what I recollect that was caused by a lot of exposure to sunlight and caused her to be unable to see clearly. I think Jen said the surgery was like having windscreen wipers - she would be able to see clearly afterwards, whereas beforehand her vision was slightly blurry. She wears sunnies a lot more when practicing to prevent this happening again. Someone said it's a common problem in Florida...

But yes, she does squint - but no, I don't think it's to do with any surgery she's ever had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.