Tennis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from the year-end champs of course and probably one warm-up (Philadelphia I would think)?

She is not playing Moscow or Zurich.

Obviously she has little points to defend from last year, but she has had indoor success in the past, and I would have expected her to relish the challenge of improving her ranking.

· Registered
2,061 Posts
Makes sense I think. with Shanghai, Philadelphia and LA, she'll have 17 tournaments on the year. It'll give her a chance to rest and heal before the year-ending tournament, where I'm sure she wants to make a major push. And she may have had indoor success in the past -- but not really recently. I guess there was Luxemborg and LA 2002, but the last two years have been pretty dismal. Those two losses to Testud, two losses to Stevenson, it must have been confidence-draining.

· Registered
949 Posts
There´s no word on her NOT playing Filderstadt, Mark. She´s one of the top stars there if Serena and Venus aren´t to come and I doubt she would not play there. Maybe she indeed is to come for just one event in Europe. It´s not even said that she would not accept a WC if she does well in Germany by then.

· Registered
991 Posts
Sometimes I have the feeling that amirican players want to put into diifculties European tournaments :mad: :
Capriati don't play Indoor tournament this year
Davenport don't play in red clay except RG
Always few americans in Feb Mars indoor european tournaments :fiery:

One exception the williams sisters :angel:

European play in US!!

· Registered
17,738 Posts
I think she will probably play Phillie tournament, if she plays any.

I dont know I think it will depend on how she does at the open, is GC so she can get WCs into the tournaments is she so wishes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.