6,094 Posts
Classy Clijsters' Lounge

·
In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
Here you go Mark!! :wavey:

From today's *******************:

JCap: Kim will win a Slam
Clijsters and her boyfriend, Lleyton Hewitt, arrived here on Monday and despite a 10-hour plus flight, had a tremendous hitting session that saw Clijsters do a fill split on the hot concrete trying to retrieve a hard Hewitt inside-out forehand.

The Belgian has an impressive last weekend in Fed Cup, but there was little competition. A finalist here last year, Clijsters has a lot to prove on the hardcourts: She's been a lady in waiting all year at the Slams and has lost sight of the queen's scepter each time. In the Australian Open semis, she choked horribly against Serena. In the Roland Garros final, she essentially didn't show up against Henin-Hardenne. In the Wimbledon semis, she was simply outplayed by an injured Venus in a match that was hers for the taking.

But Capriati believes that Clijsters has the right stuff
"She has the ability to and I think she will," Capriati said. "She's still so young. It's very difficult to win a Slam. She still has some things to work on, I don't know if it's mental or physical, but she'll do it."

Clijsters has a nice draw here and likely won't be challenged until the quarters, when she might face Meghann Shaughnessy. Hantuchova and No. 7 Eleni Daniilidou, who has also done little this year, could be semifinal opponents.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
349 Posts
Lleyton is there. Standford to L.A isn't close :rolleyes: He sure is very supportive to Kim. I think a little too much though.

·
Registered
11,975 Posts
Jen :kiss:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,394 Posts
:) jen :)

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
dammit!!!! lleyton is with Kim again.:( lleyton brings bad luck to Kim, so this could be Jen's title.:sad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.