Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monica-Jennifer: This would be the big Kahuna. US91 rematch, again. Rematch of Capriati's toughest match of last AO. Monica going for her 5th OZ and 10th Slam. Monica trying to beat, in a row, the only significant player she hasn't beat, and the only 2 players to beat her at OZ, who coincidentally were the 3 highest ranked players in the tournament. Jen trying to repeat. The subplots go ON and ON and ON and ON.

Monica-Kim: Well, Monica's 5th OZ and 10th Slam would still be a big story. Also, Kim would likely become a household name even among non tennis fans, with 2 Slam Finals in under a year. Mainly though, this one is only a dream match for me.

Martina-Kim: We would have Martina trying to break her 3 year slump, with her 6th consecutive Final here, against a player who has proven goods to beat her. Plus, the Kim/household name thing.

Martina-Jennifer: All Martina's subplots are still there. Plus the rematch of last years Final.

Pretty close to a lock that the Men's Final will be overshadowed, AGAIN.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Great possibilities :)

Above all I want Marti to win, but if Monica beat Martina I will be pulling for her in the final :)

All combinations have the makings of an epic :D

GO girls :D

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
"pretty close to a lock the mens final will be overshadowed..." - Thats a dead certainty DH imo!!!!

I would love the Monica Jennifer matchup..hopefully a really close one, with Jennifer losing it mentally and adding a bit of drama, and Monica running out the winner 10-8 or something!!!

Why am I being pessimic and thinking Hingis may just spoil the party???

Monica sounded awful aftr her match, really fluey and nasally, like she was really sick..thats gotta take it out of her...

Please god let monica win!!!!

·
Registered
25,259 Posts
I want a Monica-Kim final and of course with Moncia winning :D

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I'm not sure I want my two favourite players- Monica and Kim in the finals cos I don't want to see one of them lose. But if they do meet I'll be cheering for Monica :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
wanting a jennifer-monica final. two nice american girls fighting it out. jennifer winning in 3 sets, 6-4 in the last. jennifer retains #1 ranking, goes back 2 back, and monica improves ranking markedly. hingis sooks again and runs to mummy! GO JENNIFER GO!

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I want Kim to win the title and it doesn`t realy matter who she beats in the final:D

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Monica-Kim!!

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Martina-Kim with Kim winning would be amazing, as Kim would be #1, confounding everyone over the whole Next World #1 issue.

If Martina won I'd have to feel happy for her, simply because I've been feeling so sorry for the poor girl over the last couple of years!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I want Martina to get this one more than anything in the world, but I believe that Jennifer will repeat no matter who she plays in the final. :( *Fingers crossed that I'm wrong* ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
I'd love a Jen / Monica final, a sort of remach of the 91 US semi-final.

In a weird way, it's amazing that the two could play in that final after all they've both been through ...

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
I want Jen-Monica with Monica winning of course.

If Hingis gets to the final she's better win it, and I'd give her a better chance if she faced Kim there.

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
In my dream final, I wake up and find out that the last two weeks have been a hideous nightmare, and Arantxa is playing a one-legged blind dwarf for the 2002 Australian Open title.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts