Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry, but he looks worse now than when he was at ESPN. What did he do to himself?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I think the man could work for adult phone pleasures. His voice seems almost erotic...

Did anyone notice how insanely blue Boris' eyes looked last night?

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
He just separated his shoulder and broke several ribs in an accident, so I forgive him for not looking up to snuff.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seles said:
He just separated his shoulder and broke several ribs in an accident, so I forgive him for not looking up to snuff.
I'm sorry to hear that; was it a car accident or some other accident?

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
The guy have always looked a lil freaky to me.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
yeah he is a little frightening, not to mention annoying! but I guess nobody is worse than John McEnroe...

·
Premium Member
21,084 Posts
Actually I think he's kinda cute :)

But he's way to obsessed with Andy. When I saw him sing that song for him at Wimbledon well....I was embaressed for both of them.

Plus he totally trashed Lindsay at this year's OZ open, which was not cool.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
sorry about the accident, and I am sorry to say this but

how the hell could he have an accident in a golf car? :eek:

I don't know if he looks frightening but he does look like an asshole

·
Bright Like Neon Love
13,433 Posts
luna_moonstone said:
Actually I think he's kinda cute :)

But he's way to obsessed with Andy. When I saw him sing that song for him at Wimbledon well....I was embaressed for both of them.

Plus he totally trashed Lindsay at this year's OZ open, which was not cool.
I remember the song to Andy. That was just borderline creepy :eek:

Fingon - it's possible to have an accident in a golf cart...those things don't have a lot of control, and the stops and starts can be jerky. Plus, if you go down a hill...watch out. I speak from experience :eek:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
The creepiness is because he's ginger-haired all over. Freaky stuff.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
He was going a little fast on a golf cart, it tipped over on top of him and trapped him underneath. He had to have emergency surgery to fix his shoulder and arm. He's taped for his broken ribs, but required no surgery for them.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
He "sang a song" for Andy??? :O

What did it go like?

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
I don't think he's frightening, but his game was pretty much the same as Andy's- baseline bashing and an inside-out forehand weapon. Pretty much both muscle-heads, and they tend to get along well in the locker room. To Jim Courier's credit, he realized he could no longer compete with Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi for Majors, and decided after 2 years of mediocre results, it was time to call it a day. I wish more champions would make these kinds of decisions instead of hanging on forever and getting beat by lesser players for years on end.

·
Registered
639 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: The Song :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darran, he recorded the song at the Abbey Road studio The Beatles used. It was a little video of Jim strumming a guitar and clips of Andy playing. If you can imagine some of the guitar type ballads Eric Clapton sings you'll have the right flavor. The gist of the song was that Andy was the future king, the future king, the..future...king....la la la

It was creepy and hilarious at the same time.

I agree with alfajeffster about why Jim retired. I also heard that his arm went dead like when a pitcher can't throw the fast ball anymore. So, without an elite player's serve, he was just prolonging the inevitable.

I don't like to comment on people's looks because I believe that beauty is relative and I appreciate a lot of forms of beauty. But, I will say that I appreciate Jim a lot more now than I did when he was playing. He's committed to promoting the sport of tennis, he understands the game intimately, and, what I like about him the most, is his fierce individuality. He's his own man right or wrong, good or bad. I don't agree with everything he says, but, I know he has his own mind and is willing to speak it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts