Tennis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
For most of us we consider ourselves Williams' fans but most of us have our favorite between the two for various reasons. Veenus is my ultimate favorite personality in all of sports. I mostly read threads about her and only read her side of their website. I totally love her as a person outside of tennis.

I admire Serena a lot for her fearless and couldn't careless about what you think personality. She is so comfortable in her own skin and does what she wants and if you like it good for you if not too bad. She just goes on her merry way and on to the next thing she finds interesting. I just love both of their attitude by not allowing anyone to shape their lives for them but validate themselves and not wait on others to give them permission to do so. I love them both but not equally I must confess.

Reactions: Denise4925

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
If Serena were truly fearless, she'd have more slams than she currently owns. I can think of several matches where she played tenative(scared) 98 French -v- ASV, a couple of GS matches -v- Capriati, and 04 Wimbledon Final.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Serena was the one that made tennis popular for African girls.
Venus however was the one that madea name for herself.
So many Serena fans only come to take notice of tennis recently so they probably dont know she is Venus's little sister. On the other hand, Venus's fans are mostly casual watchers, so they probably root for Serena and also Rubin for the past years. I'm not sure how those four GS sister finals affect how they feel about Serena, however.

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
If Serena were truly fearless, she'd have more slams than she currently owns. I can think of several matches where she played tenative(scared) 98 French -v- ASV, a couple of GS matches -v- Capriati, and 04 Wimbledon Final.

So 7 wins out of 9 slam finals means nothing. Serena is human, not a robot.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
It is very hard to imagine that anyone would Know Serena and not be aware that Venus is her sister. They are both always referred to in the same sentence no matter which one is playing at any time (at least commentators in the US do). Also five of the seven majors that Serena won was played against Venus, and have been critisized at nauseum about how they played each other as sisters. I would be very suprised that anyone would know of one and not the other.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
It's just you IMHO :)

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Veenut said:
For most of us we consider ourselves Williams' fans but most of us have our favorite between the two for various reasons. Veenus is my ultimate favorite personality in all of sports. I mostly read threads about her and only read her side of their website. I totally love her as a person outside of tennis.

I admire Serena a lot for her fearless and couldn't careless about what you think personality. She is so comfortable in her own skin and does what she wants and if you like it good for you if not too bad. She just goes on her merry way and on to the next thing she finds interesting. I just love both of their attitude by not allowing anyone to shape their lives for them but validate themselves and not wait on others to give them permission to do so. I love them both but not equally I must confess.
:worship: :worship: :worship:
I love them both tremendously, but I must confess, my favorite is Serena. I love her spirit and tenacity. I love her grit and fearlessness. I love that she loves herself so much.

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Missing_Hingis said:
Serena was the one that made tennis popular for African girls.
Venus however was the one that madea name for herself.
So many Serena fans only come to take notice of tennis recently so they probably dont know she is Venus's little sister. On the other hand, Venus's fans are mostly casual watchers, so they probably root for Serena and also Rubin for the past years. I'm not sure how those four GS sister finals affect how they feel about Serena, however.
:retard:

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
Im not the biggest fan of Venus but Serena is one of my Favorites

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.