Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some people includes this in Monica vs Martina, does Hopeman Cup's results also count in head to head :confused:

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,727 Posts
no, I wouldn't count it since it is not an ITF event (right?) and no points are awarded.

·
Registered
25,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Jarett :) so I don't know why people said Monica is 4:15 against Martina, in fact it should be 4:14. May be I am really bised, I think in some matches, they were very close and Monica should win :mad: and make the record not so one-sided :mad:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Yeah i always have wondered why they don't count it :rolleyes:

The year really begins for those who play in Hopman Cup. Coming in at the Australian Open 1999 when Davenport was the huge favorite, everyone was talking about how she knocked out Hingis in Sydney the week before. What they don't know was that Martina beat Lindsay in Hopman Cup in a 3-set match. So Martina actually defeated Davenport 2 straight times(Chase 98' and Hopman 99'). Its still mind boggling that they don't count it, because so many top players play it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
They do count and have done for about 3 years (I think!!):confused:

The ITF offcially started endorsing the event at that time so the head to heads now count from the Hopman Cup.

·
Registered
386 Posts
In fact the ITF will be running the event now just like the Davis Cup and Fed Cups and there is a big chance that Perth will lose the event to somewhere in Asia in the next few years. It all depends on whether a new multipurpose venue get the go ahead...The Burswood Dome is being demolished!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I'm thinking they do count it in head-to-heads, and I agree with Mel that it should be counted too.

So the Hopman cup doesn't give you ranking points. You're still playing a match against someone, aren't you? So the stats should show all previous results. Just saying someone's 15:4 as opposed to 14:4 won't have any effect on their ranking, so why not?
Originally posted by Miranda
I think in some matches, they were very close and Monica should win and make the record not so one-sided
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this opinion. Yes, they were close, but why does that mean Monica should win? And since the result went that way, you gotta put it down as that. Win to Hingis. If anyone looks at the score, they should be able to figure out that it was a good tight match, but that won't change the outcome.

This goes both ways, and I know that if Williams or Davenport is holding a record like that over my fave, you just have to face the facts.

Sorry, there's nothing behind the post, just IMHO. :)

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,727 Posts
thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
All matches this year definately counted towards the head to heads with the exception of Molik vs. Sanchez-Vicario which was a dead rubber after Hewitt forfeited. Both players agreed beforehand that it wouldn't count, although I think Molik may have regretted that decision!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
martina's results over Davenport and Seles have still not been counted when you check on the sites and on tv(particularly ESPN where its Shriver's territory).:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts