Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She comitted 14 DFs in her loss to Venus. She had a good chance to win the first set but was self-destuctive with those DFs. Without them, the match would of been much closer, esp. the first set.
Frazier has some of the best returns and groundies on the tour even Venus admitted it.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
In my opinon the 1st round match in Wimbly of Dementiava and Klenova has the rank right up there and be considered both worst then Frazier . . . . . . . Frazier might of thought since she was playing Venus, who is quite imposing at the other end of the court, she had to push her serve through faster and flater and therefore committed more Double Faults

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Kournikova and Dementieva are worse. When Amy does get her serve going it had a lot of zip and pace to it.

It was just a bad service day for Amy. Venus has had them too.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Pfffft to those being the worst serves! You obviously didn't see me serve underarm at the over 35's Wimby tourny in 2001. Ginny and I lost a close un (6-0 6-0) and my serves never left the floor.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Her serve is pretty bad but yesterday was just one of her worst days..maybe it was the pressure of Venus' return of serve but I dont think her serve is the worst.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Frazier's serve isnt bad when it goes in, but a lot of the time it doesnt, so she has probably the most DF's on tour.
Dementieva's serve is very bad even when it does go in, and she does a lot of DF's, but not as many as Amy.

·
Registered
19,426 Posts
i think it may be due to pressure... her serve was juz off... after all its Venus she's facing.... :yeah:

·
Registered
27,926 Posts
Worst Server ever = LenaD :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
when it goes in it's not even close to being the worst. but in 8 service games, she hit 14 double faults, that's nearly 2 per game, or about 4 instant breaks of serve... that's crazy. it's amazing that she won 4 games.
she got a good amount of free points on her serves though, which leads me to believe they can be good. she really needs to work on the consistency. lately i've only seen her play against 3 really good returners (venus, myskina, and sharapova) and in all those matches i believe she had a lot of double faults.

·
Registered
997 Posts
No Martina N's is

·
Banned
4,245 Posts
Yeah U haven't Seen Elena Dementieva's sucky SERVe, or Anna Kournikova when she played that Australian Open Match couple years ago..she had something like freakin 30 + double FAulTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Amy goes for her SERVES she was hittin like 85MPH or higher in her 2nd SERVE!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
i think that kapros girl has the worst serve ever

·
Banned
6,175 Posts
broncosven said:
In my opinon the 1st round match in Wimbly of Dementiava and Klenova has the rank right up there and be considered both worst then Frazier . . . . . . . Frazier might of thought since she was playing Venus, who is quite imposing at the other end of the court, she had to push her serve through faster and flater and therefore committed more Double Faults
Exactly..i was so happy that allot of the new generation got to see Frazier at her best in the middle of the 1st set.
However..she also knew that she had to keep that 1st serv hittin hard and 2nd serve placed well....she just did not have it on the serve that day..a bad serve day at the office...but as most could see...when her serve is on she can keep uo with any top player on tour..problem is..there is usually a 50/50 chance of her serving atleast 10 DFs in a match when her serve is off. She can usually make it by the lower ranked players with that kind of play..but not a player like Venus :p
Oh well..hopefully she can get that serve back on track for LA and San Diego..Ps..her serve was magnificent against Patty Shnyder the night before! :eek: :D :worship:

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
my serve is probably the worst ever:eek: . Yesterday, I lost 1-6, and in 3 service games, I hit 14 doubles:eek: . When I got a serve in, I won all points but 1:sad: .

·
Registered
35,843 Posts
I think Mary Joe Fernandez summed it up the best yesterday. Amy's serve is hit so flatly that there's absolutely no margin for error. Furthermore, if her serve is off, she doesn't have the luxury of hitting a kick serve or a slice serve. She just knows how to hit a flat one, so she has to live and die by that.

Her serve usually isn't that bad though. Part of it has to do with Venus being so imposing out there, part of it might have been the unusually bright sun that day. Everyone has their bad serving days...it's just that Amy's are more noticeable.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Anna Kournikova was one of the worst servers ever....worse than Amy by far.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts