Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She almost won a tournie, she almost reached the top 10. now she's outside the top 20. Come on Fran! Please comeback

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Fran's game like Patty Schynder's and Vera Zvonareva's, it has an expiration date.
Vera is the only one though who has continued to work on her game to where it's more complete.
Even with her mental instability, she can depend on her game to take her back to places Fran and Patty will have trouble getting back to.

It's going to take a while for Fran to get back into a place where she feels comfortable with her game.
She can either acknowledge it and work on other parts of her game until the wheel starts turning or be in denial and watch herself spiral to the land of the 25Ks.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
We can'r make that judgement but it's bleak...really did her career on the big terms every start when you look at the potential she has...shes had a good innings but could still be better!

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Finished.

·
She's back. Why you mad?
2,895 Posts
No..she is tremendous shape and plays well from all areas of the court. Just give her time..just look at Nadia for example.

·
She's back. Why you mad?
2,895 Posts
I meant look at how long it took Nadia to break through and win her first title, nearly 6 years.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I meant look at how long it took Nadia to break through and win her first title, nearly 6 years.
I love Fran but Nadia is way better than her, so no comparison here!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I don´t think she´s finished, she´s just not very focused on her game i think, but i believe at a certain point she will have a good win and maybe that will motivate her and make her play her best again...

·
Banned
4,149 Posts
well, be def by Sammy made me cry :sad:

I have a Sammy trauma:lol:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I think it's mainly a confidence issue. She's got a lot of game and should do well on clay (if nowhere else). It's hard to believe she hasn't scooped up a handufll of Tier III/IV's by this point. I think Fran will have a career resurgence quite soon. SHe just needs to string together some hard-fought wins to get her competitive juices flowing.

Forza Fran!

·
Banned
9,740 Posts
Yeah, her 1-4 record against Fran shows she is way better.
You can't judge if a player is better than an other just by looking at their H2H :eek:

·
5,032 Posts
Fran's game like Patty Schynder's and Vera Zvonareva's, it has an expiration date.
Vera is the only one though who has continued to work on her game to where it's more complete.
Even with her mental instability, she can depend on her game to take her back to places Fran and Patty will have trouble getting back to.

It's going to take a while for Fran to get back into a place where she feels comfortable with her game.
She can either acknowledge it and work on other parts of her game until the wheel starts turning or be in denial and watch herself spiral to the land of the 25Ks.
Right, Fran may be slumping, but she's no way near 25K challenger level. She's still winning matches, but she's not winning matches she was winning last year.

Yeah, her 1-4 record against Fran shows she is way better.
:D

the problem is her head :p
Yes.

You know, Fran is slumping, and I don't expect much anymore, but her losses to Stosur, Bondarenko, Azarenka and Medina in the clay season aren't horrendous losses which signal she's done.

What it does mean though, is Fran is not really a threat anymore :sad: :sad: :sad:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts