Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official Giant Killer. Justine at Wimby and now Kuzy.

Should whoever Top player that gets her first or Second at USO be worried?

·
Registered
14,378 Posts
hm... not really or maybe just a little bit eleni beat few good players but..at wimbledon justine wasnt play at the top of her game

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
maryam619 said:
hm... not really or maybe just a little bit eleni beat few good players but..at wimbledon justine wasnt play at the top of her game
Exactly

·
Registered
312 Posts
Justine on grass + she hadn't played for a while.. Sveta isn't motivated..

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
In May 2003 she was #14 and in 2002 when she was only 19 and on the rise, she beat Amelie Mauresmo, Justine Henine and Elena Dementieva (all in one tourney), Daniela Hantuchova, Patty Schnyder & Monica Seles so she's capable of winning with everyone.

·
Senior Member,
1,825 Posts
forever_rafter said:
In May 2003 she was #14 and in 2002 when she was only 19 and on the rise, she beat Amelie Mauresmo, Justine Henine and Elena Dementieva (all in one tourney), Daniela Hantuchova, Patty Schnyder & Monica Seles so she's capable of winning with everyone.
Yes, but that was when she was the 'new girl on the block', making a big initial splash, playing people who were unfamiliar with her game. Same as Sprem last year. The test is whether they can repeat their first main season heroics when they have points to defend and when the 'novelty' of their 'new' game has worn off. That's one of the reasons why I'm cautious about Ivanovic's potential -at this point.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Well Kuznetsova has lost recently to Sugiyama (a former top 15 player), Suarez (a former top 15 player), and now Daniilidou (a former top 15 player)... she had better watch out if she plays someone like Meghann Shaugnessy

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
vertigo said:
Eleni. "The Giant Killer". Maybe a tad premature, but I like this nonetheless.
:lol: kinda like that title too! It's like a TVseries/movie title.....buffy the Vampire Slayer.....Eleni The Giant Killer :music: "niwwwww niwww niw niwwww, niwwwww, niw niw niwwwwwiiiiw" *attemps at theme of Buffy* :lol: Now I'm getting a bit carried away ;)

Eleni has beaten many top players 3 years ago when she was up and coming and at least once or twice every year since. The only thing that's held her back from greater things on tour is injuries! She sustained her first major injury just as she was making moves in the top 20 and that can be a big dent in the confidence.

Her fight back has not been easy, but she is showing some possitive signs of reconstructing that time 3 years ago and I believe she can make it back in the top 20 and I know that is her goal at the moment.

C'mon Eleni The Giant Killer

-Rache

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
It's a big difference beating someone who played good and beating someone who played poorly!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts