Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Her match vs. Petrova was the third that I have seen of her playing 'injured' and still winning. It seems that b/t the points she can't move...but then during the point she's like a wilderbeast (a slow one...but one none-the-less)

I can see how players would blame her for 'faking it'

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
mexicotrip said:
Her match vs. Petrova was the third that I have seen of her playing 'injured' and still winning. It seems that b/t the points she can't move...but then during the point she's like a wilderbeast (a slow one...but one none-the-less)

I can see how players would blame her for 'faking it'
Funny how at Wimbledon, everybody said the same thing about Venus and everybody was like: " hmmm, could be that she´s faking." But now with Davenport it´s like someone committed blasphemy or something!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Davenport did this at Zurich last year much to Justine's annoyance. Personally as a fan I find it bad to watch that is why I dislike her.

·
Miss Verstand
14,936 Posts
MartinaI said:
Davenport did this at Zurich last year much to Justine's annoyance. Personally as a fan I find it bad to watch that is why I dislike her.
lmao justine should have been more of a professional and just have dealt with it instead of letting it bother her.

i just dont see why she would be faking an injury

besides (and this is to the starter of this thread) which players have actually accused her of faking anything? :confused:

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Infiniti2001 said:
I dunno what you mean, but she is a U.S.Open ¼ final QUEEN :bounce: :bounce:
I don't think that Davenport is at 100% with her foot. What I think she does however, is hams-it-up. She might take a little soar-ness and act like her foot is falling off. It looked to me that Petrova lost a lot of concentration towards the end of the set...maybe due to Davenport's 'injury'

·
Veelieve!!!
33,802 Posts
mexicotrip said:
I don't think that Davenport is at 100% with her foot. What I think she does however, is hams-it-up. She might take a little soar-ness and act like her foot is falling off. It looked to me that Petrova lost a lot of concentration towards the end of the set...maybe due to Davenport's 'injury'

well it's Petrova's fault for no using her mind.. She should have taken it to Lindsay-- instead she decided to slug it out at the baseline. Maybe she needs to have a talk with Serena :tape: :lol:

·
Miss Verstand
14,936 Posts
like i said, lindsay can act on court exactly like she wants to, it's not her fault her opponents are bothering with it and lose concentration.

i dont think she's limping out there just for the fun of it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
selesfan said:
:rolleyes: I suppose you dislike Justine also for faking her injury at the Aussie Open and at San Diego also.
aussie open : 3 hours match, tremendous heat. suffering from cramps seems pretty logical in these conditions.
san diego : blisters on her foot. the trainer saw it, the tv-cameras saw it. the whole world saw it........except for justine haters!

btw, justine didn't say lindsay faked her injury in Zurich, she said she exaggerate it. she also said that she should have been able to deal with it.

I didn't saw the match vs petrova so i really can't tell.

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
It wasn't just Lindsay's foot; she also turned her right ankle, but as I said in another thread, Petrova should have moved her from side to side and maybe she would have had a chance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not totally related, but during that match, the commentators said Big Linds was the only one to send Serena a bunch of flowers and get well soon card, How sweet is that. I've always had a soft spot for linds next to the willis, How lovely would it be if she won the open!!!!

BIG LINDS FOR CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
38,993 Posts
can someone tell me what the point of "faking" an injury and not moving anymore (and lindsay basically stood still in zurich - i was there!) would be?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.