Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's been losing early in her recent tournaments. What's wrong?

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
She just dislike clay, wait for grass and you'll see...

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i think she dislikes clay but she could be good on clay in the future because she has such a great slice. if she uses her slice properly then she can get her opponents to the net and then pass them.

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
She grew up on clay, knows how to play on it, but just doesn't like it. No excuses though.

I don't think she has reached a QF since Scottsdale. Pretty terrible results for a top 15 player since :( :sad:

And it's like every week she is losing to a Russian :rolleyes: :eek: Hope they either stay away from her at RG, or she draws one and absolutely flogs her :p

Hopefully the grass season will see her pick things up...but even early losses on your least preferred surface dent the confidence somewhat, so she's not going to go to the grass events with much confidence...

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Well the good news for Eleni is that she is not the only one ranked around where she is in the same boat.

Sounds like the French Open will have a lot of upsets.....

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
i dont think she likes clay very much because of the excellent court mobility involved

·
Registered
36,590 Posts
it really doesn't look very good right now for eleni. and the top 10 suddenly seem quite far away for both her and bovina (and those two were the ones who seemed to be breaking into the top 10 next). :sad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts