Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15,526 Posts
It's really unfortunate because Kim announced her comeback just before this shit virus started and halted her chances (and perhaps motivation too) completely. She didn't say anything yet but I wouldn't be surprised if she gave up because of the whole frustrating situation.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
i hope she wins one more match :(

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Some people actually thought Kim would come back immediately and win Slams because it's a "weak era" :rolleyes:

Her issue is health. She looked great at WTT as well as during her match against Alexandrova at the USO, but she got injured pretty soon after WTT which affected her preparation. IIRC, she also picked up another injury after playing that one match at the USO. The tour is pretty physical these days, so a 37-year-old returning after taking a break for 7 1/2 years where she had more kids was always going to struggle.

Reactions: Matmagix

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I actually was in a twitter thread and someone asked when Kim was returning and I said I thought I heard it was Dubai! Kim replied direct and said 'I am'! She is great but I think maybe the Amercian swing!

·
Registered
10,303 Posts

·
Registered
25,830 Posts
Guadalajara and Monterrey are cool option for her comeback but did not enter.

Reactions: ILoveMeat

·
Registered
33 Posts
I heard she would be back in Miami couple of months ago but at this point I don't know if It's true.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
She was quite impressive in those exho matches against the elite, I think she beat Kenin Gauff. She just needed a couple of more matches to get fitter for the big tournaments.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'd much prefer her to work her was back on the ITF tour instead of taking all these wildcards into premier events and losing in R1. Andy Murray is playing some Challenger events so there's no reason why it's beneath any former GS champion.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts