Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if she plans to compete again this year??
I ask because Doris Loeffel said that she thought Myriam wasn't playing again this year. Anyone have any info??
I hope she does play again this year to keep her ranking up. :tape:

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
That`s a question for Casanovalover, don`t you think? ;)

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
I don't know the answer, but I find the first two posts in this thread a little odd (but all too typical for this board). If Myriam is going to have a decent career, she needs to have the thyroid problem effectively treated, even if she drops behind 20 more players while doing so. And she'll only be 19 next year, so have loads of time to make a "charge" if she's got enough game. Most odd of all is that while I'm old enough 2B the father of probably most of the posters, I take that kind of "long-term view". Many posters who "statistically" have a longer expected future than I do look @ everything in terms of "instant gratification". If such folks care about the players as that (AND as ppl whose health matters), they should seriously re-think this perspective.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Sam, as JR has mentioned Myriam has a Thyroid Problem (Hence why she is "enlarged") It is something that can be treated, but can gradually get worse if not treated as far as I know.

I'm going to Swisscom in a few weeks, I know a few "officials" there, so I will see If I can get any information about Myriam, chances are it may be confidential, But Im eagre to know just as you are, and probably others.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,169 Posts
thyroid problem??? that's why she's "englarged"??? Myriam.... :sad:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
All the best to Myriam.

·
Premium Member
37,170 Posts
i read on swiss teletext that both myriam and emanuelle gaglliardi have asked for a WC for zurich, so it doesn't look like she took off the rest of the year.

two WC's have already been given: one to mary pierce and one to MGM, btw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts