Tennis Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
It has always been like that. I don't have a big problem with it, pretty much everybody does it. But it is disappointing coming from a multiple slam champion.

·
Registered
436 Posts
No, you're right it has always gone on and yes everybody does it but does he have to be so blatant about it? But I repeat if he wants to talk tactics with her then come on down and speak to her instead of signalling. As I have said I have read a lot of articles and they are continually highlighting this and they are using this as another reason to attack her reputation.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I don't think Carlos can help himself. He is animated and sometimes has to show what he thinks. I don't think he does it alot. I watched Ju play 2 ~3hr matches and I can count on one hand the number of times he made some hand gestures.

Maybe it is highlighted only because certain journalists and media sources insist on making it a talking point.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
again, have to say this, as fans we are too impatient to wanting to see the image of justine of 2007 when she was invincible. but she has had many years of working hard to achieve that stage. this return this year is like starting from afresh, it was not an injury time out, she did retire and her mind too. she is really not picking up where she left off from 2008 (where by contrast looks like kim is), justine is building from scratch almost. her talents are still here, but the mental and emotion parts are just coming back with practice and tournaments.

is carlos changing a lot of her game? i don't think so. basically just ask justine to be aggressive and go to the net more often. which she did in earlier years when she was confident and winning, but even then was not her first nature. now, she is building confidence, her game not grooved, and she is forcing herself to the tactic anyway to stay true to the objective of wimbledon. personnally i can't say it is a bad move. practice makes perfect. she is just not reached her fittest level, both physically and mentally yet. so thereotically if she didn't go for aggression in last few tournaments, i actually think she may not have reached this far. defensive play needs to run a lot of balls, her stamina just not up to it, her groundstrokes just not consistent yet with so much need in accuracy of her game.

she is doing fine. and she looks like she really enjoys it, so that's good enough.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts