Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the comeback of Justine, the fans are waiting for not only result but the nice game Of Justine that the tour was missing during her absence. After her comeback we were pleased with some nice matches like those with Petrova and clijsters in Brisbane and against Dementieva in AO. The fact is that the game of Justine is getting less and less nice to watch. The last matches againt Wozniaki and clijsters showed that she is not the Justine we loved to watch and used to enjoy!
Carlos has a strategy, we know... Is he looking for result or the good game? Is he making the good choices? I think the final judgment will be after the grass season. I am sure Carlos would not be satisfied with less than the title there... The big risk is: Change the game of Henin which made her one of the best of her generation for wimledon isn't risky? When we know the mental factor of Henin, which can be strong when she wins and extremely weak when she keeps loosing: I am afraid!:unsure:
Now: As far as Kim (and yanina now) is in the tour, she will keep working hard, she cannot be satisfied with less than the Belgian number 1.

I keep the faith... And eternal love... Of course.:worship:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
She is just 3 months back and played only 4 tournaments.. she needs match practice. Next year, you could argue that.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Since the comeback of Justine, the fans are waiting for not only result but the nice game Of Justine that the tour was missing during her absence. After her comeback we were pleased with some nice matches like those with Petrova and clijsters in Brisbane and against Dementieva in AO. The fact is that the game of Justine is getting less and less nice to watch. The last matches againt Wozniaki and clijsters showed that she is not the Justine we loved to watch and used to enjoy!
Carlos has a strategy, we know... Is he looking for result or the good game? Is he making the good choices? I think the final judgment will be after the grass season. I am sure Carlos would not be satisfied with less than the title there... The big risk is: Change the game of Henin which made her the best of her generation for wimledon isn't risky? When we know the mental factor of Henin, which can be strong when she wins and extremely weak when she keeps loosing: I am afraid!:unsure:
Now: As far as Kim (and yanina now) is in the tour, she will keep working hard, she cannot be satisfied with less than the Belgian number 1.

I keep the faith... And eternal love... Of course.:worship:
:spit:

·
Banned
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is just 3 months back and played only 4 tournaments.. she needs match practice. Next year, you could argue that.
The fact is not the number of tournaments, the fact is she keeps loosing! for me it doesn't matter as far as she keeps playing. I am just afraid because Justine is impatient like we are, and need results to see where she is... I hope i am wrong anyway!

·
Registered
25,214 Posts
Coached don't decide what players do on the court.

·
Banned
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The mods are by letting you create thread after thread after thread... :eek:
Is there any law not allowing me this? Looser! :mad:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Are the results so bad after her comeback?? Two finals and a Semi-final? Not bad at all I assume. If you see who she'd lost too I don't think Justine is far from her best. I mean: losing to Serena and Clijsters (in tight 3-setters) is not a shame I would think!

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Well the only tournament she'as done badly is IW. Brisbane only beaten by Kim in Final, AO only beaten by Serena in Final, Miami only beaten by Kim in Semi so that seems pretty good to me. Not really sure what you're complaing about. So is it the way she plays with her non-existant backswing you don't like - it's often pretty effective because it's difficult to read and she still gets a lot of power.

Is it that you demand she not only win but win looking pretty? Anyway - to judge Justine and Carlos after 4 tournament (3 of which she's done really well) and before the clay season seems a bit ridiculous.

Minde you - I hope she keeps getting beaten by Kim and next time in two quick sets.

·
Banned
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nobody likes me, don't care. I think my thread is just a question that I asked myself and wanted to share! I didn't say nothing wrong... I think we are to share our idea's. aren't we? :confused:

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Oh i think ole lil miss Henin will be alright once she plays a little more. its still early. once she gets a few more matches in she will be fine. I do see her winning some clay tournaments..even possiby Rolland Garros this year. She just better hope she doesnt get the curse Venus got when she took a mini hiatus in 2003 from the US Open to Australian. When she came back it seemed like her confidence left her and came back a little different. Talent still there but not 100% of what we are use to until WImbledon (French if Justine can win it consistently again) rolls around. I think a lot of girls see her more vunurable now. Kim is officially unafraid of her...and that wasnt the case from the past. The Williams Sisters and Sharapova never feared her..and i'm sure Jankovic believes she's going to beat her now..so i dont know i guess we will have to wait and see. I still see her game...but just not as solid as it use to be. Her situation really does remind me of the Venus from the past vs present.

·
Banned
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh i think ole lil miss Henin will be alright once she plays a little more. its still early. once she gets a few more matches in she will be fine. I do see her winning some clay tournaments..even possiby Rolland Garros this year. She just better hope she doesnt get the curse Venus got when she took a mini hiatus in 2003 from the US Open to Australian. When she came back it seemed like her confidence left her and came back a little different. Talent still there but not 100% of what we are use to until WImbledon (French in Justine case) rolls around. I think a lot of girls see her more vunurable now. Kim is official unafraid of her...and that wasnt the case from the past. The Williams Sisters and Sharapova never feared her..and i'm sure Jankovic believes she's going to beat her now..so i dont know i guess we will have to wait and see.
Again a williams fan come to say his opinion... I don't believe a clue in your reaction beside satire! I will not comment this because again everybody will take for a imbecil!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Are the results so bad after her comeback?? Two finals and a Semi-final? Not bad at all I assume. If you see who she'd lost too I don't think Justine is far from her best. I mean: losing to Serena and Clijsters (in tight 3-setters) is not a shame I would think!
At last an intelligent post!

·
Registered
255 Posts
First, the title of this thread: as far as I know in this coaching relationship Carlos gives advice and Justine makes the decisions.

Second, Kim has always been faster in getting to the top. When they were young, everyone thought Kim would be THE big thing not Justine. Justine ripens later, can potentially reach higher, and can stay there longer.
My problem with Kim is partly the same as with Venus and Serena: all of them can play great, but they are totally unpredictable. At her best, Justine was able to be very consistent and despite the IW fiasco, I should say she IS consistent.

Third, we could perhaps take at face value what Justine and Carlos were trying to tell at the beginning: this year is a year of transition. I think we are spoilt because her years of transition are wonderful years compared to what 98% of other players can achieve. So to the hell with the doom.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've read a lot of articles lately which have rather annoyed me regarding Carlos. Apparently he has been so blatant in his coaching of Justine during matches that it is getting embarrassing. He has got to stop this now otherwise this is leaving Justine open to all sorts of smears. She doesn't need him to tell her on every point where to serve, where to hit etc. The woman is 27 going on 28 not 14. If he wants to speak to her about tactics then he can go and talk to her, what's with this secret signalling? She knows better and she should trust her own instincts. If this doesn't stop I would not be surprised that a warning is issued and if it's in a grand slam match, well that's damaging for her reputation and future legacy (which is important to me).

Sorry for the rant but I am so annoyed about it and I don't blame Justine I blame Carlos.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts