Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure hope so. Babsi had a great win today with 6-3 6-2 over Fernandez, a good claycourter to earn her a sopt in the semis of Madrid. After losing so many matches until last week, and after a couple solid matches this week, do you think Babsi is starting to get her old form back? I think so, and I want to see Babsi pull off an upset like in 2001 next week in RG. :)

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
She's now 27. She's lower than she's ever been. She's not too old if she has the motivation, but with Schett I've always suspected that her slumps have been BECAUSE of lack of motivation.

By the mid-late 20s, having played high level tennis as a teen and as a junior, the tour becomes too much of a routine.

My bet is that Schett will be gone by the end of 2004, possibly by the end of this year.

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
Steffica Greles said:
She's now 27. She's lower than she's ever been. She's not too old if she has the motivation, but with Schett I've always suspected that her slumps have been BECAUSE of lack of motivation.

By the mid-late 20s, having played high level tennis as a teen and as a junior, the tour becomes too much of a routine.

My bet is that Schett will be gone by the end of 2004, possibly by the end of this year.
:rolleyes:

go babsi...good luck...and i DO hope you are playing to your capabilities...;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts