Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Maria is gone from the top 10, Vika entered it. Their games are kinda similar, powerful groundstrokes side to side, spiced up with grunting.

Reactions: Effy

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
Most players powerful groundstrokes side to side these days. Vika is not any more similar to Sharapova then any other player, so just lay off with the comparisons.

Vika is her own player, and Maria is hardly retired so it's not quite the time to be looking for the new Maria.

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
128 Posts
in terms of grunting: yes.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Seems like everyone is in a hurry to label her the next someone. Maybe she will do her own thing. I don't like all the comparisons either. When she beats a defending Wimby champ then maybe we can start talking about her being the next Pova...

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
Yes both in terms of boring game, ridiculous grunts and annoying personality!

·
God Gave Us Rock 'N' Roll
47,931 Posts
Vika is the better Sharapova :)
:haha:

--------

the thread :eek:

no, Vika is Vika, Maria is Maria.

When Azarenka wins 3 grand slam titles, we would see if even to compare them

·
God Gave Us Rock 'N' Roll
47,931 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
no I don't like Masha, I like Vika, so to me there's a big difference.
Also at age 19, Masha had 2 slams I think, and a YEC. Vika has, well two internationals and that's it.
I am getting tired of Vika this, Vika that. Vika is getting a lot of hate which she doesn't deserve. Also, all these theads are not even from Vika fans.

·
Registered
17,762 Posts
OMG...enough about this chick already.

·
Registered
17,762 Posts
no I don't like Masha, I like Vika, so to me there's a big difference.
Also at age 19, Masha had 2 slams I think, and a YEC. Vika has, well two internationals and that's it.
I am getting tired of Vika this, Vika that. Vika is getting a lot of hate which she doesn't deserve. Also, all these theads are not even from Vika fans.
EXACTLY! sheesh. they're just a bunch of bandwagoners.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts