Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually love watching the opening ceremony, the ice skating and sking. Nothing else usually holds my attention for long.

I am also looking forward to the NBA All Star pre-game festivities and game.

"COME ON - MIKE & IVERSON"

·
Registered
16,198 Posts
Nope, With only 6 participating athletes I'm not very interested, but I want to hear what Jacques Rogge has to say during the opening ceremony :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
I am but I am still thinking of whether I should stay up until 2 am to watch the open ceremony, should be a hard decision

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,113 Posts
In other country I would probably watch an opening ceremony. In USA, no, I won't. It will be another patriotic show... I see enough of US flags in my life.

But I will watch a lot of competitions of these Olympics.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I'm suprised that I'm not at all psyched for the WO. When I was younger, I stayed glued to the tv set trying to watch all of my favorite events. This year, I feel like..."bring on the NBA All-Star events, and some tennis!":bounce:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Sure, I love sports and I love competiton. I am looking forward to the Olympics. Especially Ice Skating:)

I will tape the Openeing Ceremonies as well:) Go miss Kwan!:)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
you are right ys,

I really hope that the opening ceremony will be about international unity not the 'patriotic flag waving americans saying how great their country is' which is most likely to happen

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
GogoGirl said:
I usually love watching the opening ceremony, the ice skating and sking. Nothing else usually holds my attention for long.

I am also looking forward to the NBA All Star pre-game festivities and game.

"COME ON - MIKE & IVERSON"
Like GogoGirl I"m totally excited for the Olympics and the NBA All Star Game although my fave player, Vince, isn't going to be there :sad: it's really sad that he's injured... ah well... go Allen!

For the Olympics I'm particularily (sp?) looking forward to figure skating and hockey because that's probably where Canada has the best chance !!

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
By the way I refuse to let any countries patriotism stop myself from enjoying different people competing in their desired sport.:)

By the way I wonder how Peekaboo Street is doing lately? Last I heard she didn't qualify for something.. but I hope she is still able to do her thingy in Salt Lake:)

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
It's 4.09am here right now and I'm watching the opening ceremony!

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Tine said:
It's 4.09am here right now and I'm watching the opening ceremony!
hahahah poor Tine... i'm watching it too but it's only 11:09 p.m here

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,113 Posts
On a brighter side, at least surely Olympics will oust NBA from being centre of attention and there will be something to watch during the wekend.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Finally some sort of Native American theme!!:D You don't know how close I was to going off in this thread about not seeing any culture especially the Native Americans:)

I am happy now:)

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,113 Posts
So they left some Native Americans for the show instead of exterminating them all? How kind..

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
I watched most of the start when all the countries come in, but I missed Canada coming in :(

I am looking forward to seeing figure skating :) (esp. the pairs events :) ), and mens hockey, and speed skating, etc etc.. :)

I heard that Ross whats-his-last-name-again - who won the gold medal in 1998 for snow boarding and almost had it stripped for having marijuana in his system - anyone know who I'm tlaking about ? he's Canadian.

Anyhow - I heard that he had trouble getting into the US because of all of that - since he had been accused of using marijuana in the past, the wouldn't let him cross? Thats ridiculous!

Is he even competing this year?

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,113 Posts
The one that didn't inhale?

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
no ys- that was bill Clinton.

As far as I recall - he claimed he was at a party where there were people smoking pot, but he didn't partake.

Regardless of how much BS that is - not letting him into a country cause of previous accusations, where charges werent laid, is stupid.

If thats the case, perhaps we should stop letting American presidents into Canada. hmm?

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,113 Posts
You mean Ross Rebagliati from Whistler?

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Becca said:
I watched most of the start when all the countries come in, but I missed Canada coming in :(

I am looking forward to seeing figure skating :) (esp. the pairs events :) ), and mens hockey, and speed skating, etc etc.. :)

I heard that Ross whats-his-last-name-again - who won the gold medal in 1998 for snow boarding and almost had it stripped for having marijuana in his system - anyone know who I'm tlaking about ? he's Canadian.

Anyhow - I heard that he had trouble getting into the US because of all of that - since he had been accused of using marijuana in the past, the wouldn't let him cross? Thats ridiculous!

Is he even competing this year?
I was watching and saw Canada come it... you didn't miss much. Yeah I know which Ross guy you mean from 1998... Rebagliati??

As far as I know he's not competing this year (a shame really cuz he was good... and cute ;) ) I'm not sure if it's because he couldn't get into the U.S because of the pot incident in Nagano or if it's for something totally different but I don't think he's in Salt Lake :sad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts