Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're showing some awesome vintage matches. Each round successfully. An you can follow it with livescoring on their website. And I love the selection. Just finished watching BJK vs Navratilova 1980 and now they're showing Venus vs Hingis 2000. Because of the schedule of the premieres it almost feels like a real tournament. Makes me miss Wimbledon much less. I know French Open did similar thing but Wimbledon took it to the next level :D

·
Registered
37,744 Posts
Yes! It's a really nice idea; I watched Lori McNeil's 1st round upset over Steffi Graf the other day.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Venus-Steffi from 99 was a phenomenal match. 2 of the best ever athletes in a gripping match 😀😀

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I like it a lot. I just wish there was even more of it. It's good to see some of those matches again and also some of the much older stuff. You can really see how the game has changed.

·
Registered
31,152 Posts
It sounds like a great idea but oh dear I do not want to live through the 2009 semifinal again :cry:

Reactions: Danars

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
It sounds like a great idea but oh dear I do not want to live through the 2009 semifinal again :cry:
Me either. Poor Safina! Never stood a chance.

I know the back injury didn't flare up until the 2010 Aussie, but the Wimbledon semifinal ended her elite career. Only won an international event after that, I think?

·
Art & Futures
20,452 Posts
i just want them to re-upload or permit others to upload Venus v. Sharapova screaming match

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like it a lot. I just wish there was even more of it. It's good to see some of those matches again and also some of the much older stuff. You can really see how the game has changed.
Exactly that's why I love it. Also the fact they're were showing those early round matches. I had a chance to watch Venus vs Magdalena Grzybowska (Vee's debut) for the first time.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Great idea :) But I‘m also afraid to see Serena/Dementieva 2009 again :( Can‘t watch it.

Overall nice move from Wimbledon. US Open is also uploading some old matches day by day.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I've been noticing how much colour they allowed back in the day! I wonder when the literal 1-inch (or is it 1-centimetre) logo rule came in? It was so rude that in 2017 they gave Vee an official warning after her mwatch because her bra strap came a little lose and was coloured.

·
Registered
12,939 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts