Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's only 11:21am and I already have butterflies in my tummy! :eek: I think I better have an early lunch because I know come 1pm, I won't be able to eat anything.

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
Ummm, I'm not nervous ATM but i will when play starts, but I know Lindsay should pull through, so I should be OK.

However, if it would be a Lindsay Serena final, then i would be nervous ;)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also want a Serena/Lindsay final. Needless to say, if that happens, I'll be a nervous wreck and might have to go for a short walk during the match.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*~ The Leopard ~* said:
Nervous as hell. I want Momo and Masha to win, but both have huge uphill battles ahead of them.

LOL, so we are all in the same boat. May the best player win and hopefully we'll have some good tennis! :wavey:

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
I'm more into the AM -vs- Serena match. This one could be the
superior semi final. At least there will be a contrast of styles.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
Well, I am just hoping for a tight semifinal.

I am not optimistic though. I expect blowout matches for Lindsay and Serena. I have a feeling that Maria and Amelie will once again suffer an attack of nerve

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
wongqks said:

I am not optimistic though. I expect blowout matches for Lindsay and Serena. I have a feeling that Maria and Amelie will once again suffer an attack of nerve

It might just be a blowout. Maria will be walking
back to the cute girls table in the player's cafeteria if
LD has her way.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wongqks said:

You could be right but Maria is so damn determined and that could carry her a long way. Talent is the foundation but when it's coupled with sheer determination, it's something else. I expect Maria to fight for every single point. I think she's learned a lot from her quarter final against Paola.

Re Momo, the girl has talent and it's bound to come together for her one of these days...surely. I think Serena will have to be careful! A lot of people expect her to win but I am sure she's not underestimating Amelie.

·
Registered
52,435 Posts
I'm quite nervous coz I dt wa,nt Lindsay to lose this opportunity...
She's my ionly fave to make it good good here, all the others falling before Rd3 , so i really hope she can win the whole thing (but , first, I want her to reach the final !!!)

GO, LINDSAY :bounce:

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
I'm actually more nervous about the junior QF today. I want Ana to win so badly, it actually overshadows the big girls. Of course, once the Lindsay's match starts, it will change.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
I'm not at all nervous. The womens' tournament has been boring crap. I bet Centre Court will be more than half empty this afternoon and Serena will blast her way like some sort of robot to yet another GS final :yawn: .

If anyone can give me some hope that this wont happen, I'll be delighted.

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
I'm not really nervous, more worried about a couple of players
kicked so hard and being routed.

I was rather nervous during Ai-vs-Sharpy and Venus -vs- Sprem.

Serena -vs- Golovin was at least funny in the film "Sunset Blvd" way
with an young upstart trying to upstage the current star. :p

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Nervous- well, excited, really- as hell.

It's nice to be this excited about tennis. I haven't been in a while. I'm sure we'll see great matches, and may the best women win! :D

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
not nervous at all, excited is the word for me. four good players, all strong caracters, if the tennis should not be the best , the tension and athmosfere sure will be grrrrrrrrreit :bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
DelMonte said:
[/B]

You could be right but Maria is so damn determined and that could carry her a long way. Talent is the foundation but when it's coupled with sheer determination, it's something else. I expect Maria to fight for every single point. I think she's learned a lot from her quarter final against Paola.

Re Momo, the girl has talent and it's bound to come together for her one of these days...surely. I think Serena will have to be careful! A lot of people expect her to win but I am sure she's not underestimating Amelie.

I really hope so, coz after the major dissappointment of Jen Serena, I sometimes have doubts on women tennis

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
DelMonte said:
It's only 11:21am and I already have butterflies in my tummy! :eek: I think I better have an early lunch because I know come 1pm, I won't be able to eat anything.
Don't worry after the first ten minutes, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
I'm nervous for Lindsay. I really want her to win and I think she has a good chance but Maria really impressed me in her win over Ai. I didn't see the whole match but she was awesome in that third set. Match can go either way in my opinion with a slight edge to Lindsay.

As for the other semi I'd be happy for either so I'm not quite as jittery for that one. I'd like to see Amelie win a Slam but the Williams Family has been through so much this year and a win for Serena would give them a huge boost. Plus she's American. :p ;) I give Amelie little chance to derail Serena based on yesterday's demolition of Jennifer.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
im not nervous about thr matches but nervous about the weather. the matches that began ealier are in a rain delay.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts