Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with her ? She's nowhere to be seen this year. She was MDO for Australian Open and should have been in, so why isn't she in the draw ? Or am I wrong ?

:confused: She looked so promising in 2000, it's so sad. :(

·
Premium Member
181,857 Posts
Anne-Gaelle starts her 2002 campaign in Italy

she is entered into 50K +H Ortisei Indoor Carpet tournament starting 28 Jan.

I guess she didnt fancy trying to qualify for AUS OPEN.

·
Premium Member
181,857 Posts
Ermmmm bad news

Just checked latest schedule and she's not on it anymore

so who knows but one thing for sure is she isn't retired.

Anne-Gaelle, Amelie Cocheteux haven't been the same since Wimbledon 2000, since that incident involving Stevenson's mother.

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:mad: That's really bad.

You are right with Wimbledon, Eggy. I have noticed that as well, although I had forgotten the 'accident'. She beat Anna in the 2nd round with a very good performance (I saw it there live) and then she lost to Tamarine very unlucky (saw that as well) and in doubles to Martina/Mariaan after having 3 match-points.

Do you really think that 'accident' has something to do with that ? On which day did that happen ?

·
Premium Member
181,857 Posts
that happened after the Anna match.

She played Tammy on the Friday and she was flustered.

I also think tennis is not her #1 priority anymore.

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, at least at the beginning against Tammy when she was down like 1-6 0-2 she wasn't the same player.

I just hope she is happy with her new # 1 priority ... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Well, in a relatively recent interview for Tennis Magazine (French), I think two or three months ago, she seemed quite motivated and focused on her tennis, saying that she was getting better and had fairly good morale. I can try and find the interview if you wish (maybe not within a few days, though). Surely another frog around can help you as well... :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,566 Posts
gmt the frog :p : it is the November issue (dated December) in the "How are you" section.

In short :

She went down last year from #24 (August) to #118.

She played qualifying rounds in Filderstadt, Zurich and Luxemburg. In Zwitzerland and Germany, she lost against Tatiana Panova each time.

At the end of the season, she was feeling nervously tired. She had had a good start of the year in 2000 (qtr in Hobart and in Tokyo. 2nd round in Nice against Venus Williams after 2 tie-breaks) and then everything started to go bad : no more victory on clay, only two on grass. This was an upset compared to the year 2000.

So she was taking advantage of the end of the season to clear everything up and start again from scratches. She was then practicing in Nantes without personal trainer [BTW : does anyone know who her former trainer was?] and she is training with men and intended to practice also with Alexandra Fusai. As from mi-November, she was supposed to start to work on her technique.

From the interview, it appears she was extremely motivated to start playing again.

·
HAND SCRAPED
7,145 Posts
In eastbourne last year i didn't see her practise when she was out on the practise courts with Loit, despite them both being out there for a good long while... she was doing a lot of kissing tho..... she signed my ticket... i miss her.

good luck in 02 A-G.

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
For someone who had been Top 40 since she was 17, 2001 was a real disaster.

I hope she gets back into the swing of things, she had serious Top 10 potential and it would be such a waste...not to mention the fact that she is gorgeous :kiss:

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
I almost forgot about her! :eek:

I got a glimpse of Anne-Gaelle at this past US Open where she fell to qualifier Evelyn Fauth in the first round. She made far too many errors and looked utterly disgusted after the match. I felt so badly for her.

She's a beautiful girl with alot of talent and an all around game. I hope she makes it back to the Top 40 real soon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
me too:bounce: :) :kiss:

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I was wondering about Anne-Gaelle I saw her at the US Open in 2000 and she made far too many errors but she does have weapons, and she is very pretty!!!! Hope she gets back to the top end of tennis soon!!

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Hmmm... I hope Anne-Gaelle returns soon. I always found her game fun to watch! She is such an underachiever though, she should have been ranked much higher than she was.

I wonder what happened to Ruxandra Dragomir?!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts