i like new york in june. how about you?
that's why darling, it's incredible.
that's why she's so unforgettable.
Anna Smashnova, your subliminal too.

·
Banned
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know it was one of the biggest tragedies when she dropped the pistolesi.

anna smashnova-pistolesi. that had to be marriage purely based on creating a more hilarious name.

plus i'm sure she got compliments on the hyphen.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Counter punchers are always under-rated. Chris Evert was never called a one of the greats despite the many grand slams she has won. Amanda Coetzer was another that was always under-rated. In Anna's case, she has 9 titles and had a top 20 ranking.
She is turning 29 this year, and she is only going to be slowing down.
She will be as under-estimated as Michael Chang from now on.

·
Registered
12,274 Posts
Hahahaha

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
Aretha Franklin said:
Is Anna Smashnova the most underrated player ever?
Nope, Nicole Pratty is. She could double-bagel every player on tour if she wanted but she's too nice :p :D :pratty:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Aretha Franklin said:
i know it was one of the biggest tragedies when she dropped the pistolesi.

anna smashnova-pistolesi. that had to be marriage purely based on creating a more hilarious name.
Not really, I think it makes her sound more..."authentic" without it (Hymenised names annoy me..what would her kids be if she kept it? Sandra Smashnova-pistolesi-myer-Anderson????) :eek:

Anna's getting on nowdays, fresh meats coming in and rising the standards. Its not fair for anyone to expect her once much MUCH better standards again today...i just dont see it happening and not many do. She has done VERY well over her career (She has alot under her belt and for what shes acheived she has not beenover rated either) and is still in a comfortable position at 32 and capable of a few suprises but not I belive a consistant spot in a better ranking (Say upto 25).

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
maybe if she had more successful GS performances

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.