Tennis Forum banner

Has Albert been unfairly sidelined?

• No. He's been on Court 1 twice now. That's okay.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I think he should have opened his defence on Centre, but I think it's okay now.

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No, he's still being marginalised. he should have opened on Centre, and should be getting Chatrier/

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Member,
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the defending champ has yet to play on either Chatrier or Lenglen show courts. But have you also noticed that there's little coverage of his massive effort in both the 1st and 2nd round victories? He's looked down and out, yet, like Agassi, fought well to hold on. But there's not much attention, nor photographs to be found.

What do you think? Albert is being undeservedly sidelined? Or Albert is getting the coverage level he warrants/deserves.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I shouldn't think Costa cares about playing on a smaller court, he just wants to get off Court 1 in particular. Two times he's played there now, and two times he's been pushed to five sets. Cut the guy some slack and allow him to coast through in straights on Chatrier!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
You have an interesting way of putting it, Becca. It's true though, maybe it's just the high camera angle and the court microphones but Chatrier does seem to be playing very slowly indeed, you can really hear the effort the players are having to make to muscle the ball through the court. But Costa's time in the spotlight will come; with the departures of that fickle Argentine duo Calleri and Nalbandian, he has a good shot at the quarters now.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Rebecca said:
Is it true that the outer courts are playing faster than the larger ones? Perhaps the French are just trying to rape the Spaniards (Moya aside) up the ass by making sure they are as poorly prepared to play on the large courts as possible.

Hmmmmm.
COurt #1 is fast. But I don't think it has that much to do with his 5 setters.

I don't care where he's scheduled (though he should have opened on Chatrier).Now I just want him to lose to prevent you from creating another redundant poll.

·
Senior Member,
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PS said:
Now I just want him to lose to prevent you from creating another redundant poll.
biatch ;)

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Does it really make a difference what court he is on? He still has to play well to win! And hes not really a tournament favourtie or crowd favourite. But i think he should have opened his defence on centre court at least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts