Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little ironic that Martina came back and won the 1st set after being down 1-5 in the tiebreaker. So that means that Monica blew at least 4 set points. :eek: Hmmm. So considering Monica won the 2nd set, those set points seemed to be the turning point in the match, IMHO. I love Monica and all, but who choked today? Anyways, I 'd like to thank both Martina and Monica for a great match. To bad it seems it won't be shown in the U.S. But anyways, I thought it was interesting. It happens to the best of players and I know Monica will be replaying that tiebreaker in her mind. I wish her the best. Ths match is why I love tennis so much:)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Really? Martina was down 1-5? And she came back all that way to win the set. Whatta fighter.

That is going to be a great match to watch when i finally get to.

Can't wait for it.

(God, still can't get over how tough Martina is.)

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I could have lived my whole life quite happily w/o the knowledge that Monica was up 5-1 in that tiebreaker. :eek:

But since we haven't seen the match, I think it's a bit unfair to both players to infer that Monica choked it away -- I would imagine Martina's play had a quite a bit to do with it.

Anyway, I'm content to know that Monica is playing some fantastic tennis, and I'm ready to place large bets come clay season. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not saying Monica choked! I was being sarcastic. Obviously it didn't come across well.:p I think very highly of Monica and I don't think she choked in the least. This is what tennis is all about! A great fight between two great players. I just was saying how ironic that this time Martina is the one who fought through. At the AO final for various reasons, mostly hotly debated reasons:rolleyes: , Martina was the one on the short end of the stick. I truely appreciate both players and look forward to seeing more great matches between them in the future!:cool:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Sorry if I misinterpreted Smash. (This one's still a bit recent!)

As for the Oz business, I think it was the tourney officials (who wouldn't close the roof) who choked.

In any case, I too admire both players. (Tho' one a bit more ;)) I'm looking forward to more matches of this calibre in the coming year!

Anyhooo, thanks for the clarification. :)

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
i didn't get to see the match...

can anyone tell me what the tiebreak's score was? tnx...

if martina was down 1-5 in it, then she wasn't saving set points just yet. unless she got to 2 and monica got to 6....then she goes all the way to win it...

·
stubborn procrastinator
110,050 Posts
marshmellow, I didn't see the match either, but tiebreak was 8-6.
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts