Tennis Forum banner

1101 - 1109 of 1109 Posts

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Thread hasn’t been updated for a while, so here’s a brief catch-up:

Biggest news is the Pro Tennis Team, which Iroda started in August 2015, with help from her cousins, it focuses on coaching kids. Located at the Tashkent Tennis Centre, and this year expanded to a second location in Samarkand. I’ve lost count of the number of coaches/trainers/employees, so it’s grown into a large team, and you only need look at all the smiling kids and smiling team members (just like Iroda can’t stop smiling) to judge how successful it’s been. Iroda’s done a fantastic job. Iroda Tulyaganova Pro Tennis Team social media: Instagram and Facebook 1 and Facebook 2

Iroda's son Paris, now 4, in green shirt ^

Also congrats to Iroda on becoming the new Uzbek Fed Cup captain, which happened in the summer. First tie under Iroda’s leadership was in July, in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. UZB narrowly missed out on promotion to Zone Group I after falling 2-1 to Hong Kong in the final play-off. https://www.fedcup.com/en/teams/team.aspx?id=UZB

Recent UNICEF interview with Iroda: UNICEF-Uzbekistan - A Champion's Perspective: Childhood and Parenthood

Iroda's social media:
Instagram Facebook Twitter

·
Registered
6,878 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
@Mike_T - It's the former Kutuzova. I had to change my account so never got the PM. Sorry for the delayed response. Let me know if you want to resend to this username. Thanks!

·
Registered
54,074 Posts

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Iroda recently played doubles at three $25k challengers in Uzbekistan :bounce:

A training session prior to the mini-tour:

You have to feel sorry for the balls :eek:

$25k Andijan (hard), 28 May - 03 June:

MD [WC] Iroda (unranked) & Yasmina KARIMJANOVA (UZB/1280)

R16 lost to [4] Anastasia GASANOVA (RUS/442) & Ekaterina YASHINA (RUS/275) 6-0 (5)6-7 [8-10]
(Gasanova & Yashina reached final)

$25k Namangan (hard), 04 - 08 June:

MD Iroda (unranked) & Ksenia PALKINA (KGZ/354)

R16 def [WC] Nasiba ESPOLOVA (UZB/unranked) & Elina SHARIPOVA (UZB/unranked) 5-7 6-0 [10-1] :bounce:

QF lost to [4] Anastasia GASANOVA (RUS/442) & Ekaterina YASHINA (RUS/275) 3-6 6-7(2)
(Gasanova & Yashina won tournament)

$25k Fergana (hard), 19 - 23 June:

MD Iroda (1120) & Nigina ABDURAIMOVA (UZB/253)

R16 lost to Varvara FLINK (RUS/unranked) & Valeriya STRAKHOVA (UKR/277) 4-6 6-7(5)

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Iroda is currently at the Asian Games in Palembang, Indonesia, playing doubles for Uzbekistan.

Team mates include Sabina Sharipova (above Iroda’s head), Nigina Abduraimova and Akgul Amanmuradova.

Mixed Dubs MD:

Iroda (1101) & Farrukh DUSTOV (UZB/933)

R64 bye

R32 lost to Kai-Chen CHANG (TPE/195) & Cheng-Peng HSIEH (TPE/114) 1-6 4-6

Match Stats

Womens Dubs MD:

Iroda (1101) & Sabina SHARIPOVA (UZB/334)

R32 def Chieh-Yu HSU (TPE/114) & Pei-Chi LEE (TPE/318) 2-1 RET

R16 vs [3] Miyu KATO (JPN/54) & Makoto NINOMIYA (JPN/27) scheduled to play Wednesday :bounce:

GO GO Team Uzbekistan! :bigclap:

https://en.asiangames2018.id/sport/tennis/event/tennis-women-doubles/phase/tew002400/
https://www.tennisforum.com/16-challenger-tournaments/1316325-asian-games-2018-a.html

Reactions: zsl1010

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Asian Games, Womens Dubs MD:

Iroda (1101) & Sabina SHARIPOVA (UZB/334)

R16 lost to [3] Miyu KATO (JPN/54) & Makoto NINOMIYA (JPN/27) 3-6 3-6
(Kato & Ninomiya went on to win bronze)

Team Uzbekistan results:

Mixed Doubles:
Tulyaganova & Dustov - R2
Amanmuradova & Fayziev - R3

Doubles:
W: Abduraimova & Amanmuradova - R1
W: Tulyaganova & Sharipova - R2
M: Fayziev & Karimov - R3

Singles:
W: Nigina Abduraimova - R3
W: Sabina Sharipova - R3
M: Jurabek Karimov - QF
M: Denis Istomin - Champion

Congrats to Denis! (credit to Akgul for photo)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I know I have asked this a lot but would love to see any old matches of Iroda (besides what is out there) if anyone has any they could upload to YouTube. Would be great for the quarantine! :)

1101 - 1109 of 1109 Posts