Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to play tennis yesterday and in the court next to mine was this girl striking the ball so well. I also noticed she had a coach and a hitting partner. After my session I walked up to her and told her I thought she played like a pro. She said she was a pro and played on the tour. I asked her if she was ranked and she said she was 209. I wished her well and told her I would look out for her.
I dashed home, got on the wtatour website only to find her at 301. I never realised players could lie about their ranking or even felt the need to.
Aussies in the house look out for her. She is west australian. Wouldn't it be great if she one day made it to the top. I feel like I discovered a player.

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
lol-maybe u just didnt hear it right or she thought she was ranked that high...

but NTL-very funny! :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Haha, nice. :)

But what is this with the starred out website? All other links on this board are just normal hyperlinks, only the junior tennis site is starred out everywhere. What is the story behind?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Dellacqua is an arrogant cow. She might be a decent player, but she's not worth your time.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fantastic said:
Dellacqua is an arrogant cow. She might be a decent player, but she's not worth your time.
Why would you say that? She seemed very nice and took the time to talk to me considering I was a complete stranger.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
What makes her so arrogant? (Details, gossip, etc please! ;))

Speaking of Aussie players, what is up with Amanda?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Re: The arrogant cow. I don't normally get angry unless things get personal with me specifically, so I feel I'm justified to feel this way.

Last year, a friend and I played on a court next to Casey during the holidays. She kept hitting balls onto our court and we didn't think much of it because you expect stuff like that to happen when courts are close together like that. We hit one or two balls onto her court by accident. When it happened the second time, she screeched (really loudly, mind you!), snatched the ball and slammed it back across to our court, narrowly missing my head by millimetres. She then had the nerve to tell us to "F***** keep the balls on YOUR court!" The guy she was hitting with looked genuinely shocked. We knew the guy from coaching, so he didn't say anything to us.

Now, normally I'm a level-headed person and don't get angry very easily, but she was being beyond unreasonable and I wasn't having anyone slam tennis balls at my head, be it out of frustration or anger. We hadn't done it on purpose and she'd done it several times. If she didn't want distractions, she should've moved courts. We would've moved courts but there weren't any others to move to. It was a busy Saturday afternoon and a matter of pride. If she wanted exclusivity, there were special bays with single courts to prevent things like stray balls coming across from other courts. Being a pro, she could have used those courts for FREE. All she had to do was ask. We had to pay $25 for the hour if we wanted that particular court.

But NOOO, she wanted the court where she could show off to everyone what a great player she was. :rolleyes: Plus she came to the courts AFTER we did. Then, as we prepared to leave, she hit another ball onto our court. She held out her racquet and just called out, "Ball!?" No please, no thank you, no pleasantries. I picked up the ball with the intention of throwing it back to her but when she groaned at me disparagingly, I deliberately threw the ball over her head and away from her. She then shouted back, "Can't you people throw straight!?" Then, my friend (the guy I was hitting with) shocked me by yelling back at her, "Can't you HIT straight!?" LOL! She constantly talks about how great she's going to be and how much better she is than everyone else. That would be okay if she also treated people with the same kind of decency others have shown her.

She has turned into a decent player, but her attitude stinks!

Reactions: rated_next

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
Erdinger said:
Haha, nice. :)

But what is this with the starred out website? All other links on this board are just normal hyperlinks, only the junior tennis site is starred out everywhere. What is the story behind?
...you remember the recent sticky announcement about posting images from tennis-dot-info and juniortennis-dot-com...?...they blocked those urls to stop people putting them between the img tags...quite sensible really... :)

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Fantastic said:
Re: The arrogant cow. I don't normally get angry unless things get personal with me specifically, so I feel I'm justified to feel this way.

Last year, a friend and I played on a court next to Casey during the holidays. She kept hitting balls onto our court and we didn't think much of it because you expect stuff like that to happen when courts are close together like that. We hit one or two balls onto her court by accident. When it happened the second time, she screeched (really loudly, mind you!), snatched the ball and slammed it back across to our court, narrowly missing my head by millimetres. She then had the nerve to tell us to "F***** keep the balls on YOUR court!" The guy she was hitting with looked genuinely shocked. We knew the guy from coaching, so he didn't say anything to us.

Now, normally I'm a level-headed person and don't get angry very easily, but she was being beyond unreasonable and I wasn't having anyone slam tennis balls at my head, be it out of frustration or anger. We hadn't done it on purpose and she'd done it several times. If she didn't want distractions, she should've moved courts. We would've moved courts but there weren't any others to move to. It was a busy Saturday afternoon and a matter of pride. If she wanted exclusivity, there were special bays with single courts to prevent things like stray balls coming across from other courts. Being a pro, she could have used those courts for FREE. All she had to do was ask. We had to pay $25 for the hour if we wanted that particular court.

But NOOO, she wanted the court where she could show off to everyone what a great player she was. :rolleyes: Plus she came to the courts AFTER we did. Then, as we prepared to leave, she hit another ball onto our court. She held out her racquet and just called out, "Ball!?" No please, no thank you, no pleasantries. I picked up the ball with the intention of throwing it back to her but when she groaned at me disparagingly, I deliberately threw the ball over her head and away from her. She then shouted back, "Can't you people throw straight!?" Then, my friend (the guy I was hitting with) shocked me by yelling back at her, "Can't you HIT straight!?" LOL! She constantly talks about how great she's going to be and how much better she is than everyone else. That would be okay if she also treated people with the same kind of decency others have shown her.

lol what a bitch! :eek:
Obviously arrogant enough to lie about her ranking just to upgrade herself too :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
lol what a prima donna...but she hasnt exactly achieved enough to be making such demands like 'ball!?' or smacking balls at peoples head for hitting balls on her court....actually im quite incredulous that a girl would do that :eek:

·
Banned
596 Posts
Fantastic said:

c'mon, she's probably like 14 back then.....give her break:)
look how arrogant Jelena Dokic at 17, or even Anna K:p
imagine if you played at a court next to her ;)

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
maybe if casey starts to get her own balls she might actually get in to semi-decent shape...she doesnt look fit from the photo i saw once LOL

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Yead but jelena and anna had achieved something by the age of 17 and 18..they were top ten in the world!!!!!

casey at 14 had done nothing, and still hasnt done too much!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts