·
Premium Member
181,840 Posts
Sargis :(

Hipfl got a tonking :eek:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Lisnard's a fast-improving player, he beat Schuettler at the start of the year and has made inroads into several tournaments. He hasn't made it far in the Slams, largely because he's been bagelled out of the event in the early rounds twice by Ferrero, at last year's RG and this year's AO. Either way, he's more match-tight than Kratochvil, so perhaps not too surprising a loss.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
No, its not a surprising loss simply for the fact that Michel has been out for a month, but I'm worried for his upcoming points defense. Considering he went from a 6-0, 6-1 loss to a 6-3, 6-4 loss, I guess that's a good sign . . .

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
When you say points defence, I assume you mean Nottingham and Wimby, rather than RG, correct? I think he lost to Pavel in the second round last year.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Yes, I'm talking about the grass season. Its always nerve-wracking when your player's best surface is grass . . .

Either way, he needs matches. He can play quite well on clay and even beat Federer at RG a few years ago. I'd be thrilled if he could win more than one match at RG this year, but at this rate I'm not holding my breath :sad:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Correction - from two sets to love down he pushed Federer to a five-set, 8-6 in the decider epic, but he eventually came out on the losing end. Arguably Federer should never have let it get that close, but all credit to Kratochvil for such an amazing recovery.

Yes, I know from experience that it's very nerve-racking when your favourite player excels on grass...

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Psst in fact Roger won that match in Paris....

...Michel was having stomac troubles had to go to the bathroom severaltimes even was asking for a coke during the match...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts