Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Nice - it's true!! Second slam in a row that Venus is headlining the American effort!!! It really has not happened since 2001!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Tennis is a more interesting place when Venus and Serena are in it. Word! Word! Word!!! You go vintage Venus. Bring home the trophy. :banana:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
-Ten years after, and it's still Venus' world.

I still question though the remark about not knowing how to take either Venus or Serena. I think some made up their mind one way or the other and the unease I felt went towards the folks who felt that both sisters had a 'place' but went outside that box - suddenly their arrogance is worse than any other, their game ugly, their words cut deeper, their aloofness worse yet at the same time as the writer stated, tennis is less when Venus and Serena aren't there. Anyhoo good luck to Venus and here's to hoping she gets to show off a new dress.

Reactions: Diesel

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Good article. Glad Venus is getting some long overdue respect.

How long, before the usual show up to say:

"Venus fans should stop saying she is the best and only loses by beating herself."
"Venus has only won one slam in the past five years and only played well for two weeks, at one tournament last year."
"Players have caught up to Venus and the game has passed her."
"Venus will likely lose on grass to the new and improved Justine who has a good chance to win Wimbledon this year."
and,

"This is not 2000/2001. The writer should stop living in the past."

Now that that has been said, perhaps the rest of us can enjoy the thread.

·
Golden State Of Mind
5,649 Posts
vwfan said:
"Venus will likely lose on grass to the new and improved Justine who has a good chance to win Wimbledon this year."
and,
That is until another virus break out happens, a hammy flairs up, stomach ailment, etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
a nice article and the #7 seed. did i wake up on another planet?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts