Tennis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning."- Billie Jean King

Who do you think this applies to in today's game?

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
irma said:
I think champions are not afraid of losing, I think they detest it. that's a different thing
Chris Evert always hated the look on the opponent's face who had just beaten her as they approached the net to shake hands.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
irma said:
steffi said she didn't even hate losing, only playing crap

yeah right, she didn't closed herself in for two days when she won but played bad anyway;)
That's one of the things I liked the most about Steffi- it didn't matter if she dusted some poor girl's clock 6-1,6-1, she was ANNOYED with herself if she didn't play well! :fiery:

·
Premium Member
26,690 Posts
Speaking of Steffi - at Wimbledon one year - 1995/ 1995 I think - she thrashed Mary Joe in the 4th round or quarters or something like that, playing amazingly well.

Afterwards she said something like she was happy with the way she'd played. They were doing a segment with Martina N on BBC after that interview where she said that if Steffi was only happy when she played like that she was probably unhappy a lot of the time (!).

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
YEs I dont know how many times you see a player choke when they are about to beat a top player.

I dont think it applys to the mens game as much though.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Serena isn´t afraid of losing, she hates it! Listen to her interviews from last year. She said I just was tired of losing and saying players ranked ahead of me who shouldn´t be. Hasn´t lost since( almost)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.