Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many players have won at an event where there was no Beligan duo or Williams?
The tour really seems to be dominated by the four. When just one or two of them is/are participating, it seems the rest of the players have absolutely no chance to win the title.
The trend is just getting worse every tournament.
This year's U.S. hard court season has been so boring as it's been so so predictable.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
CamilleVidann said:
How many players have won at an event where there was no Beligan duo or Williams?
The tour really seems to be dominated by the four. When just one or two of them is/are participating, it seems the rest of the players have absolutely no chance to win the title.
The trend is just getting worse every tournament.
This year's U.S. hard court season has been so boring as it's been so so predictable.

I've asked myself the same question.

The answer (if I'm not mistaking): 3 :eek:

Scottsdale: Clijsters present
Amelia Island: Henin-Hardenne present
Warschau: Venus present

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
lol, yeah, when players realize they have to face and beat 2 out of the top four, they usually end up losing to one of em.

Alyona's win in Amelia Island was pretty impressive though, she still beat Davenport (top 4 in rankings now anyway) in the final after facing match points against Justine in the semis.

And in Scottsdale, I think the singles final was Ai's third match of the day or something like that :eek:

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Yep, I stated it many times....the tour´s now williamses vs belgium. Ther rest can compete for the tier III´s, but when one of the foursome is present....Good bye.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
bandabou said:
Yep, I stated it many times....the tour´s now williamses vs belgium. Ther rest can compete for the tier III´s, but when one of the foursome is present....Good bye.
Well, Lindsay should consider herself lucky as she managed to run away with a Tier I, only because none of the big 4 bothered to show up.
Same thing to happen in Moscow I guess

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
great smash said:
Well, Lindsay should consider herself lucky as she managed to run away with a Tier I, only because none of the big 4 bothered to show up.
Same thing to happen in Moscow I guess
Girl, you´re really smart for a Belgian( kidding!). ;) :lol:

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
great smash said:
If next time you'd get my gender right I'd consider you smart as well ;)
Oops, my bad. I always thought you was a girl. My bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.