Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serena Williams to Play Mixed Doubles with Idol Reject Hung

Serena Williams, known for fearsome serves, penetrating groundstrokes, loud tennis outfits and an eye for the spotlight has finally outdone herself. The multiple Grand Slam winner will be playing mixed doubles alongside American Idol reject, turned cult star William Hung at the US Open later this summer.

Asked if he has any tennis experience, Hung replied, “actually I have no professional training, but I want everyone to know I will do my best.”

While many cynics believe this is a publicity stunt, Williams believes she and Hung will go deep into the mixed doubles draw. “He couldn’t really sing and he wound up with a recording career. Think of what he could do with a few tennis lessons. I will train with him for the entire summer.

Hung’s participation has raised many eyebrows in the tennis community. Legendary tennis star and current doubles player Martina Navratilova said, “I don’t think it’s fair that this guy is in the draw. He could be taking a young up-and-coming player’s spot in the field. Why doesn’t Serena play with one of the young players instead?”

John McEnroe, believes Hung’s participation is a big mistake. “William Hung is going to play at the Open? You cannot be serious! I could kick that guy’s (expletive) with a blindfold on. Why don’t they just let J-Lo play in the women’s event?”

Four time Slam finalist Kim Clijsters, however, thinks Hung’s participation is good for the game. “I think it’s wonderful that Serena is giving William a chance to play in a Grand Slam. I’m sure they will win a few matches together if he practices a lot between now and the start of the US Open.”

Hung plans to train five hours a day for the next two months to be properly prepared for the Open. He also hopes that the USTA gives him a wildcard into the men’s event. Says American Idol judge Simon Cowel, “He will, without a doubt, be the worst tennis player in the world. If he does play singles, I hope he plays Our Tim in the first round.”

Williams and Hung will play an exhibition at Madison Square Garden four days before the start of the open. They will be scheduled to face off against former star player Chris Evert and actor Matthew Perry. “I am really looking forward to playing with William in the coming months,” said Serena.

Reactions: ico4498

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
:haha: :rolls: Good one!!

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
And Dawn Maree just got a wild card into the singles main draw...:eek:

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
"i have no professional training."

:haha: :lol: :help:

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
rokkstarr said:
"i have no professional training."

:haha: :lol: :help:
Whats so funny? I never had any professional training ;)

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pamela Shriver said:
Whats so funny? I never had any professional training ;)
Pam, the reason it's funny is because William Hung said that to the judges after they told him he sucked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts