Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Takin a look at Kim vs. Lindsay on Fox Sports, and they said they talked to kim, she said she doesnt want to get to number 1 by default. She wants to get to number 1 by beating number 1 and the rest of the top players.

Now to me, its funnie how Kim fans, feel the opposite way. Kim fans think its okay to become number 1 by default. Looks like Kim and her fans are going to have to have a long talk about their disagreements.

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
i'm happy kim feels that way

i wish serena was healthy and kim could beat her at the US open but i guess there's nothing kim can do about that
what she can do is go and win her first slam :)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I think kim should tank all her matches from now on so that she will not become number 1. no she should quit till serena returns and the mean time become her physiotherapist

Reactions: Majo and SJW

·
Registered
520 Posts
SerenaSlam said:
Takin a look at Kim vs. Lindsay on Fox Sports, and they said they talked to kim, she said she doesnt want to get to number 1 by default. She wants to get to number 1 by beating number 1 and the rest of the top players.

Now to me, its funnie how Kim fans, feel the opposite way. Kim fans think its okay to become number 1 by default. Looks like Kim and her fans are going to have to have a long talk about their disagreements.
Stop the generalizing please, I am a Kim fan and I don't like it that she becomes number one by default and I am sure other Kim-fans feel the same way. What should I do 'Well Kim you know I don't want to be your fan anymore see you are number one by default'. Tjeezes I can't help it that the ranking system is screwed up.

Oh and I don't know but if I should meet Kim I would rather talk about something else than 'number one by default'.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
I heard the same comment. Interesting, since November 2001. she has yet to beat the number one and number four players.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I don't mean to be provocative in any way but I am a bit sick and tired about the whole number one issue.
I really like that you mentioned her quote.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
the only player kim has not beaten and who happened to be number 1 is monica

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
kim needs a break (in her tennismatch today I mean)

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Off course i would prefer Kim to take the 1st spot by beating Rena, but if she reach it does she have to say "no, I'll wait till rena come back, put Serena 1 and me 2 with more points for me and put me 1 when I def her"

No off course not! and it's not really by default as it's not like there was 600 pts between them with serena losing them all!

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Come-on-kim said:
Off course i would prefer Kim to take the 1st spot by beating Rena, but if she reach it does she have to say "no, I'll wait till rena come back, put Serena 1 and me 2 with more points for me and put me 1 when I def her"

No off course not! and it's not really by default as it's not like there was 600 pts between them with serena losing them all!
Had Serena played the Bank of the West and the Acura Classic, she would have gained points and put some distance between herself and Kim, so it is by default. She had a golden opportunity to get to number one by beating Venus and Serena at Wimbeldon, but she couldn't get past an injured Venus.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
irma said:
I think kim should tank all her matches from now on so that she will not become number 1. no she should quit till serena returns and the mean time become her physiotherapist
LMFAO! my sentiments exactly :lol:

nawwwww i prefer Kim gets to #1 like this, than doing so by beating Serena ;)

but im selfish, so sue me :D

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
lizchris said:
Had Serena played the Bank of the West and the Acura Classic, she would have gained points and put some distance between herself and Kim, so it is by default. She had a golden opportunity to get to number one by beating Venus and Serena at Wimbeldon, but she couldn't get past an injured Venus.
Anyway I stop talking about that, because you'll always find something to say about!

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I'm sure Kim is sympathetic. She was injured last year too.

But it's not her fault that Serena is injured nor is it her fault that Serena plays only a very few tournaments and loses such a great percentabe of her points when she doesn't play.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
SerenaSlam said:

So much for leaving the board until Serena heals :rolleyes:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Unfortunately, Kim tanking all her matches won't prevent her from becoming WTA#1 after the US Open...

Maybe she should pray for Justine winning Acura Classics, Toronto and the US Open so she could become number 1 and then Justine would be a legitimate number one with two slams :angel:

:haha:

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
SerenaSlam said:

weren't you supposed to go away from the board till Serena comes back?

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
If Kim is gone be number 1, she is gona be number 1.

I like her attitude that she'd rather 'earn' it and its commendable. Hopefully she will get the opportunity to prove it (like a big massive finale at the Chase Championships where 4 players all have a chance of becoming world. No. 1).

Clijsters is an excellent player, but I just don't find that sizzle in her that makes me want to root for her. I hope she develops a mean streak, cos then she'll be able to devour the competition more readily. :)

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,207 Posts
gmak said:
i'm happy kim feels that way
Who said that she feels that way? We only know that she talks that way..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts