Tennis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's her 4th final in 3 months, and in every one she played against Kim!! :eek: It's like if Justine reaches the final, there is Kim waiting for her!! :lick:
The result is 2-1 in Justine's favour, but her only loss is due to retirement!! Of course they were on clay & grass, but it's just makes today's match more interesting!! :bounce:

·
Enemy of Art
14,038 Posts
Counting the s'Hertogenbosch final from 2001, Justine was undefeated in every final against Kim until the retirement during the 2003 s'Hertogenbosch final, which she was winning when she fell.

·
Registered
613 Posts
As a matter of fact, Justine had never ever been beaten in a final (WTA, ITF, juniors) since she is trained by Carlos Rodriguez, before meeting a certain Venus Williams in the Wimbledon 2001 final. I think she was like 17-0 in finals :worship:
Since then, the only other players to have defeated her in a final were Serena Williams and Lindsay Davenport (+ Sandrine Testud and Kim Clijsters, but Justine retired in those matches)
Half of her losses in WTA finals are from Venus :eek:

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
As I count, Justine has been in 17 finals in her career, but she hasn't won all of them. Maybe I misunderstood your post?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I said she was 17-0 in finals (WTA, ITF and Juniors) before Wimbledon 2001.

since then she was defeated by Venus (4 times), Serena and Lindsay (once each), and injured herself against Testud and Clijsters in her 2 other losses.

Is it more clear this way? :)

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Juju_fan said:
As a matter of fact, Justine had never ever been beaten in a final (WTA, ITF, juniors) since she is trained by Carlos Rodriguez, before meeting a certain Venus Williams in the Wimbledon 2001 final. I think she was like 17-0 in finals :worship:
Since then, the only other players to have defeated her in a final were Serena Williams and Lindsay Davenport (+ Sandrine Testud and Kim Clijsters, but Justine retired in those matches)
Half of her losses in WTA finals are from Venus :eek:
OMG!! Amazing Justine!! :worship: :hearts:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Wow, interesting, thanx for sharing. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts