Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at this:

Dulko/Pennetta (ARG/ITA) d. (4) Safina/Srebotnik (RUS/SLO) (Safina: left wrist injury)
Peng/Sun (CHN/CHN) d. (8) Dechy/Zvonareva (FRA/RUS) w/o (Zvonareva: left wrist injury)

Tommorow's semifinal should be Zvonareva - Safina. Both have the same injury, both gave w/o from doubles only...do you think it's all about tactics?

·
HEADBANGER
72,576 Posts
I guess this makes the winner of Venus and JJ a very big favorite for the title.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,720 Posts
Well it was dumb to put Safina's doubles straight after her singles :eek:

Reactions: Harvs

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Shouldn't there be some kind of fine for behaviour like this? I mean if you are injured enough to miss a match but are suddenly fine for the next day isn't it obvious you were lying?

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Shouldn't there be some kind of fine for behaviour like this? I mean if you are injured enough to miss a match but are suddenly fine for the next day isn't it obvious you were lying?
True... I think this is ridiculous!

Reactions: Bremen

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think that if you withdraw from one event then you should have to withdraw from both events. It sucks for their doubles partners as well and is part of the reason people don't take doubles seriously (and we get crap like super-tiebreaks).

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I think that if you withdraw from one event then you should have to withdraw from both events. It sucks for their doubles partners as well and is part of the reason people don't take doubles seriously (and we get crap like super-tiebreaks).
I agree...the funny thing is that if this was the policy then there would be no opponent for the winner of Williams/Janokvic! The semi would be the final....hahaha

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
That's right, poor Katarina.

The WTA cannot admit this kind of situations. You can't say "in the 3rd round I'm gonna say I have got an injury" and then I'm playing singles. If you cannot play doubles, you cannot play singles neither.

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
What would happen if all 4 semi-finalists had to pull out with injury? Would Krajicek win because she actually lasted the 2 sets to get beaten? :p

·
Premium Member
20,853 Posts
Vera's left wrist is bothering her like forever :sad:
dont you guys see she is always heavily taped on both wrist and there are pictures where you see she is icing her wrist after a match. Her problem is getting a bit worse this week, read her interview.

Dont post bullshit about tactics and stuff if you dont know anything :wavey:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts