reversed singles:

ANGELIQUE WIDJAJA vs TINA PISNIK

WYNNE PRAKUSYA vs KATARINA SREBOTNIK

If necessary, doubles' rubber to be played - Pairs to be decided later

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I witnessed both teams

Yesss, after I just returned from my 4 days siesta in Bali (yes, Bali is part of Indonesia...)...I went to Senayan tennis complex to be on time to meet the Widjajas - Angie's mum and dad...to get the free tickets for 30 crazy fans of Angie coming from all walks of life...One person will arrive tomrrow from Medan, North Sumatra (2 hours by plane from Jakarta)...AFC/Angie Fans Club will rock Senayan again...with our AFC T-shirts...and yells which I have created...Angie's fans came from several cities in Java...we are ready to support Indonesian team...The tickets included free food and drinks...YUMMY!!!

I saw a bit of INA team's practice...Wynne still had problem with serve which is a big concern...:( Angie worked hard on physical training with Dr. Paulus Pasurney, her trainer...INA team did strokes against male players such as Suwandi and Surya Wijaya...

Afterwards at 4 PM, SLO team got their turn...They began with playing soccer on the center court...Then, Kata was on court to practice her strokes...Kata was impressive with fast blistering FH and BH...While, Tina Pisnik was just sitting...Mima was busy picking the balls...Kata was drilled by male coaches...At that time, Krizan or Krican (?)...which one is the right spelling??? and Klepac hit strokes outside with a coach...I could not see...Then after Kata was done...Klepac and Krizan played dubs with 2 male coaches...Krizan was indeed impressive...Weather wise was friendly this afternoon...not too hot...That's all I saw coz I had to go the hospital nearby to visit father of AFC's member who had stroke...

The Indonesian team stays at Menara Peninsula Hotel (onwed by our rich president of INA lawn tennis association) while SLO team stays at JW MARRIOT HOTEL...

Can't wait till Saturday of my life!!!:wavey:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Shine On Silver Moon said:
Yesss, after I just returned from my 4 days siesta in Bali (yes, Bali is part of Indonesia...)...I went to Senayan tennis complex to be on time to meet the Widjajas - Angie's mum and dad...to get the free tickets for 30 crazy fans of Angie coming from all walks of life...One person will arrive tomrrow from Medan, North Sumatra (2 hours by plane from Jakarta)...AFC/Angie Fans Club will rock Senayan again...with our AFC T-shirts...and yells which I have created...Angie's fans came from several cities in Java...we are ready to support Indonesian team...The tickets included free food and drinks...YUMMY!!!

I saw a bit of INA team's practice...Wynne still had problem with serve which is a big concern...:( Angie worked hard on physical training with Dr. Paulus Pasurney, her trainer...INA team did strokes against male players such as Suwandi and Surya Wijaya...

Afterwards at 4 PM, SLO team got their turn...They began with playing soccer on the center court...Then, Kata was on court to practice her strokes...Kata was impressive with fast blistering FH and BH...While, Tina Pisnik was just sitting...Mima was busy picking the balls...Kata was drilled by male coaches...At that time, Krizan or Krican (?)...which one is the right spelling??? and Klepac hit strokes outside with a coach...I could not see...Then after Kata was done...Klepac and Krizan played dubs with 2 male coaches...Krizan was indeed impressive...Weather wise was friendly this afternoon...not too hot...That's all I saw coz I had to go the hospital nearby to visit father of AFC's member who had stroke...

The Indonesian team stays at Menara Peninsula Hotel (onwed by our rich president of INA lawn tennis association) while SLO team stays at JW MARRIOT HOTEL...

Can't wait till Saturday of my life!!!:wavey:
Thank you very much for your report :D !

As for the Slovenian names; it's actually Križan (ž sounds like J in Justine if you say it the proper French way) and Klepač (č = like ch in cherry or chair).

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Go Indonesia! :bounce:

I really miss Yayuk :sad: What's she been doing now? :confused:

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
On Yayuk Basuki

I still communicate with her regularly and I met her last week...She has been coaching junior players and her student, Mia Sacca 15 yo came out as champ in Thamrin Cup ITF Grade 4...:cool:

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Shine On Silver Moon said:
I still communicate with her regularly and I met her last week...She has been coaching junior players and her student, Mia Sacca 15 yo came out as champ in Thamrin Cup ITF Grade 4...:cool:
Thanks Shine! Will she play in Bali this year?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
Go Indonesia!

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,300 Posts
pcrtennis said:
Will Yayuk try playing doubles again this year in Bali or is she done with that??????
The last time she play doubles was with Diana at a challenger. Diana was her coach, but she's no longer coaching her. I doubt she will still play though cause the last time she play she lost to the young Indonesian pairs. But for the ACTUAL news, then we'll have to wait for Adjie.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts