Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
181,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at least they tried :lol:
she could have got Pennetta or Groenefeld in 4th rd but ends up with Davenport.

had they used ranks of Feb 27, she'd have been seeded in 25-32 range and would have played top 8 seeds in 3rd rd.
i bet she would have got a better draw that way.

now 4th rd vs Davenport, cant wait for Hingis to take down Lindsay again :bounce:

Reactions: Eyjafjallajokull

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Do you think Martina stands a chance against Lindsay, if they both get that far? I'm very concerned. :scared:

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Yea too bad Lindz is going to mangle Martina in the 4th rnd :lol:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If Martina is able to return Linds big serve,then she'll be trying to move her from one corner to another.Playing drop-shots and forcing Linds to 'running for her life' I believe she can win,but in 3 sets.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
it very muchos depends on Lindsay I think... she should be able to beat Martina if she serves well and hits the ball good... if she doesn't Martina will be able to attack Lindsay's service games and make Davy run for her life.. that way Martina has achance to win in three...

·
Registered
578 Posts
this is hard to predict, it depends on both players on how well they are going to play..but i want marti to win.

·
Registered
669 Posts
if anyone knows how to handle Lindsay it's Martina.

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
I guess she was going to meet Davenport sooner or later :shrug:

I think it's good she's meeting top players so often now... She'll know what she needs to do to crush them all later (except Momo, of course :angel: )!! :devil:

Reactions: Sammm

·
Registered
13,192 Posts
I can't see Hingis beating Lindsay in rd4. Lindsay hits the ball so heavy and deep that she controls most rallys she plays. Hingis will have to play really brilliantly if she is to beat Lindsay.

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
I see the upset...I think of all the top seeds...Marti knows Linds best and will win that match.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Lindsay and Martina both need to get to the 4th round first. We all know that anything can happen in tennis. Lindsay may need to shake the rust off a little and find her A game. If they do meet up - I think many would love to see it. If Martina can make Lindsay move - and mix up the pace of the ball - I think she would stand a chance.
If she tries to just slug out w/ Lindsay - I don't think it wil be a very long match.

·
Registered
29,883 Posts
What a bullshit thread :yawn: IW is doing the same thing every year - maybe too much post TBE and you forgot something.

Yes and probably all people in WTA think only about Hingis

·
Banned
7,113 Posts
im hoping both make it to the 4th round. With such a poor draw and turn-out for this tournament this year, hopefully this will make things better.

I think (if) it does happen, then Lindsay will totally power past Hingis. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think it's unfair some get such baby pampering.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts