Who will reach the final?

• Azarenka

Votes: 69 62.2%
  • Ostapenko

Votes: 42 37.8%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

Registered
2 grand slam champs, you happy tennis forum? haha
No, for TF it's still random WTA, weak era, etc.
These people are never happy except if it's the same 3 players reaching the final of each tournament like in ATP.

OTOH, Azarenka should win easily if Jelena serves like today.

Registered
Vika for this match and the Tournament.

Registered
This is probably Vika's best chance to win another WTA1000 title. A win here would take her into top5 among most number of WTA1000 titles. She is currently at 10 titles, tied with Henin...only Serena (23), Hingis (17), Graf (14), Sharapova (14), Davenport (11) have won more.

Registered
This is probably Vika's best chance to win another WTA1000 title. A win here would take her into top5 among most number of WTA1000 titles. She is currently at 10 titles, tied with Henin...only Serena (23), Hingis (17), Graf (14), Sharapova (14), Davenport (11) have won more.
If she can win it all, it would also mean that she is the first to win IW 3 times making her the IW title leader in singles!

But of course she still has two matches to go!

Registered
I voted Vika - she seems a bit steadier of the two this tournament. But if Jel-O comes out painting the lines it could be a very different outcome.

Either way, as a fan of both I will just sit back and enjoy this SF, and appreciate we have at least one high calibre SF. The other SF could be a disaster WTA 250 showing if Kerber loses.

Registered
2 players who were looking pretty irrelevant in 2021, but I thought that about Pavs/Zidansek and they played FO semifinal
This is for people who think winning a major is some magical accomplishment
These 2 getting past 2 US mental cases who won nothing ever
I guess Azarenka should win. I still have overhead Ostapenko missed in set 3 game 2 v Rogers on my phone. What a goofball

Reactions: Kryptonite

Registered
I am really looking forward to this. One of the rare really exciting prospects. 2 unpredictable big 'personalities' vying for the final. Can't wait. Who'll win? Can't predict!! Looking forward any potential dramas and to the hand shake!!

Registered
Hard to say. It depends on which Ostapenko shows up. The match is on her racquet. Her first strike tennis can put Vika in a bad position very early on during rallies, as Vika is not a great mover. This is like a match against Sabalenka to me, where Azarenka is always late for the balls.

Jelena can hit some bangers on the run as well, so Idk. Her serve is very attackable, but so is Azarenka鈥檚. I expect Vika to be steady and keep her UE count low, but is this enough?

Giving Osta the edge here.

Registered
All I know is that there will be a lot of breaks, since neither can serve and they麓ll relentlessly attack the other. It will depend how often Ostapenko can find the court. Since Vika is such a bad mover it won麓t take many of Ostapenko麓s shots to win a point. Should be enough, if she can keep 1 or 2 in the court more often than not. Luckily that is already asking a lot of Ostapenko, so Vika might have a chance.

Reactions: Tennis818
1 - 20 of 67 Posts