Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who Will win????

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I say Maria all the way!!!! Finally another big title!

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
elena in straights. she's yet to have her good day and she'll want to prove who is the best russian.

think about it, if elena can rally past justine "i'm on fire" henin from 6-2, 5-2 down playing way below her level :eek: , then imagine what she can do when she's on. elena can win this.

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
Dementieva in 3.

(I hope she still has fight and energy left in her, after this almost 3 hour long match :unsure: )

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know this is going to be either Maria in straight sets or Elena in a tough 3-setter.
Maria is such a good front-runner and Elena is so good at coming from behind. Could be interesting!

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I voted Elena in three. I like how she has built up so much rythmn and match toughness.

However she needs to start quickly against Maria and hold her serve.

I would prefer her to play a little more aggressive too. It will be bash bash tennis, exactly what both girls like.

Good luck Elena :)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
no i think elena will be too tired to win this match, shes had far too many 3 set matches in this tournie and i think will run out of gas, alsom maria leads the series 3-1 and the last time they played maria won in zurich in 2004 but even more impressively it went to 3 sets, so even if it does go to 3 sets i think elena will be too tired and maria will win especially if maria serves well and elena doesnt, but i am worried about this match. but we all know what dementievas like shell beat somone like kim in filderstadt and then lose in the next round, but well have to wait and see.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i predicted that elena could surprise.. so i'm going picking elena all the way

·
Registered
13,542 Posts
msharafan said:
no i think elena will be too tired to win this match, shes had far too many 3 set matches in this tournie and i think will run out of gas, alsom maria leads the series 3-1 and the last time they played maria won in zurich in 2004 but even more impressively it went to 3 sets, so even if it does go to 3 sets i think elena will be too tired and maria will win especially if maria serves well and elena doesnt, but i am worried about this match. but we all know what dementievas like shell beat somone like kim in filderstadt and then lose in the next round, but well have to wait and see.
she has had many many three set matches in other tournamnets and hasn't been tired

·
Registered
467 Posts
yup its really hard to say... but ELENA all the way! HAHA

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
What a match! that was the greates match
What a comeback from first set Elena!!!!
in the second set 5-2, Justine was just serving for the match.
then elena did it finish second set 5-7
It was a very close games in the third set
Elena has show what a great fighter she is by hit only 1 double fault in third set.
and I hope that elena is not too tired because the match is longer than the mens match
GOOD LUCK ELENA FOR YOUR NEXT MATCH

·
Premium Member
28,059 Posts
Masha will fight it out in 2 or 3 sets, I really want to see Masha win another title and im sure she will be sooo pumped up out there and will be fighting as if it were war out there.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts