Tennis Forum banner
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Great day for Ostapenko, she also won her evening doubles with Kichenok beating the #1 seeds Krejcikova/Siniakova.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Good that Iga is falling outside of the TOP10, she's a fine player and hopefully will continue to develop - but she's not TOP10 at the moment. On clay, she's playing well, outside off clay, she's "just good".

Reactions: oasis8420

·
Registered
19,642 Posts
One of those days were everything was going Aljona’s way. :eek: They don’t happen as near as often so who knows how she’ll show up in the following the round. She can easily flop or storm her way to the title.

Iga was overpowered and couldn’t hold on to her lead in each set surprisingly in the kind of hardcourt that as of right now will suit her the most in her career. This, however, shuts up some of her insufferable stans who for some reason were already claiming the trophy after destroying Kudermetova and… Martic? K.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Yeah, that was quite comical. Even if not as much as Serena being in her prime in 2005, according to the same poster.
If I received one penny for each dumb think that guy posts, I'd be richer than Pegula lol

Well, if Ostapenko would lose to a bunch of players that have a minimum of 4 majors each, if those players were playing like they were able to at their respective peaks, I'd still count that as "virtually anyone"... don't see why one would be so offended by the very idea that she is capable of outblasting most everyone.

There's even a couple of active players that I would admit to having more chance to win than lose if both are at their best. Hardcourt Sabalenka, Barty on a slice-friendly fast court that rewards a big serve...
That guy is not only an Ostapenko hater, but a particularly dumb one, even for this forum standards. Don't take his nonsense very seriously lol

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Not me falling in love with Ostapenko's game after watching this match lol. I appreciate her level of aggression and confidence (wish current Garbine had just 20% of it). Never really watched her because of the terrible attitude but now I kinda hope she wins it all!

Reactions: ishgever

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
Great result against a player who pulled off tactical MTO again.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
it looked like a routine win literally. Iga couldn`t do anything and she had no mental to fight back against Osta who dominated the power-play rallies.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Just a year ago, Iga was the "IT" girl and next Roger Federer aura with Ivanovic level following and stanning.
Now she's slandered left and right for these losses.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
A Disgraceful Performance by Iga...
A NEW Level of Complete Pridelessness...

One Disgraceful Result, a result that could NOT Happen (under any circumstances).

Iga just went from the "Next Big Thing" to somebody who made Penko look like peak Steffi Graf.

A Completely Prideless Performance by Iga that has established Iga as a One-Slam Wonder who would be lucky to reach another Major Semi by 2027.

One of those things that--if you are Iga--Can NOT Happen.

Only ONE Word can describe that pathetic effort by Iga... PRIDELESS... Prideless... Prideless... Prideless... I haven't seen anything that PRIDELESS... ...Since 5,000 Lions skipped out on a Family Reunion in the Serengeti... Did I mention PRIDELESS.

Serengeti Level Pridelessness. SLP.

·
Banned
8,416 Posts
Just a year ago, Iga was the "IT" girl and next Roger Federer aura with Ivanovic level following and stanning.
Now she's slandered left and right for these losses.
Next Nadal do you mean. Nobody said she was as Federer. But we see how hard it is to win and be dominant as Serena was. 1 year you been at the top of the world and next year you are not. The new hype wagon fans of some new girls must know this and lower their expectations. Its impossible to win and dominate this years.
Iga is 1 of the more consistent players on tour. She do well, has won titles this year but its not realistic that she or a other player will dominate the tour from now on

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
A Disgraceful Performance by Iga...
A NEW Level of Complete Pridelessness...

One Disgraceful Result, a result that could NOT Happen (under any circumstances).

Iga just went from the "Next Big Thing" to somebody who made Penko look like peak Steffi Graf.

A Completely Prideless Performance by Iga that has established Iga as a One-Slam Wonder who would be lucky to reach another Major Semi by 2027.

One of those things that--if you are Iga--Can NOT Happen.

Only ONE Word can describe that pathetic effort by Iga... PRIDELESS... Prideless... Prideless... Prideless... I haven't seen anything that PRIDELESS... ...Since 5,000 Lions skipped out on a Family Reunion in the Serengeti... Did I mention PRIDELESS.

Serengeti Level Pridelessness. SLP.
Momma told me not to experiment with drugs. Now I know why...

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
It is just one of these days where Pancake is on 🔥. Nothing new here.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts