Tennis Forum banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
I hope she plays 3 warm ups ahead of Roland Garros. I know that will be tough with the baby and all. But I do think she needs extra match play...and given that she could draw Venus or some other fierce competitors in the first/2nd round of Madrid AND Rome...I think planning an extra tournament isn't such a bad idea. Maybe some low tier tournament to get match tough.

·
Premium Member
20,324 Posts
That would be a weird schedule for her. Didn't she just play Rome the past 2 years heading into RG?

Most players seem to hate Madrid anyway.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The Madrid spectators seem to hate Madrid.

I'm impressed with what Serena showed in her three matches. It gives me a great amount of hope for her upcoming tournaments and year.

Hopefully Venus doesn't waste last night's effort and lose like she did against Radwanska. It would be nice having a Williams hold up the trophy especially with Venus not winning anything in so long.

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,114 Posts
I know she's a bad loser but even I'm surprised at how mad she was. Some of the shade toward Venus in her presser... :lol::rolls:

Good for her to take a loss like that though. Venus was straight up dragging her for a set and a half. Even had Serena making some distressed Slow Girl Noises™ as she chased after some of Venus' FHs in vain. :hysteric: Encouraging that she battled well nonetheless.

The fundamentals are there. Just needs to work on consistency and getting fitter. Once she's a step quicker and can start consistently serving 110+ mph, she'll be beating everyone.

She should enter Charleston if she's feeling fine and loses pre-SF in Miami. Playing Madrid and Rome on the red clay should be more than adequate.

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
I know she's a bad loser but even I'm surprised at how mad she was. Some of the shade toward Venus in her presser... :lol::rolls:

Good for her to take a loss like that though. Venus was straight up dragging her for a set and a half. Even had Serena making some distressed Slow Girl Noises™ as she chased after some of Venus' FHs in vain. :hysteric: Encouraging that she battled well nonetheless.
I have died.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
A part of me was and the other not so much. The fairy-tale, good feel story is writing itself. Serena isn't here for that Lifetime movie. She's here to win. As much as she hates to lose, it doesn't matter if it's Vika or Venus across the net. They're a simple opponent in front her winning goal. I'm rather pleased being a mother hasn't lost Serena that competitive edge.

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
Even had Serena making some distressed Slow Girl Noises™ as she chased after some of Venus' FHs in vain. :hysteric: Encouraging that she battled well nonetheless.
I had to read this a few times before I got it :hysteric:

Now I'm trying to look through highlights trying to find an example.

:lol: Venus isn't a pigeon sis.
Check ha!
I love Venus but she's got a china cabinet full of RUP plates that says differently.

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts

The fundamentals are there. Just needs to work on consistency and getting fitter. Once she's a step quicker and can start consistently serving 110+ mph, she'll be beating everyone.

She should enter Charleston if she's feeling fine and loses pre-SF in Miami. Playing Madrid and Rome on the red clay should be more than adequate.
Basically my point.

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
Thankfully ... if her ranking is not where it should be...by Wimbledon...Wimbledon has the option to boost her seeding. This maternity rule is straight up stupid.

241 - 252 of 252 Posts