Amateur Volleyer
32,114 Posts
R1 Diyas
R2 Bertens
R3 V.Williams/Cirstea/Qualifier
R4 Goerges/Sevastova
QF Svitolina/Keys/CSN
SF Woz/Garcia/Stephens/Kerber

At least the first 2 should be winnable. Couldn't have asked for much better in those rounds.

I still have no clue what to expect in terms of her level. I guess I'll be satisfied as long as there's an improvement from Abu Dhabi and Fed Cup.

She was hitting with Venus earlier today at MSG and looked fitter than 4 weeks ago.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R1 Diyas
R2 Bertens
R3 V.Williams/Cirstea/Qualifier
R4 Goerges/Sevastova
QF Svitolina/Keys/CSN
SF Woz/Garcia/Stephens/Kerber

At least the first 2 should be winnable. Couldn't have asked for much better in those rounds.

I still have no clue what to expect in terms of her level. I guess I'll be satisfied as long as there's an improvement from Abu Dhabi and Fed Cup.

She was hitting with Venus earlier today at MSG and looked fitter than 4 weeks ago.
She did look fitter. But I worry about Diyas who gave her a mild scare in Miami two years ago. She won in straights but the match ended up tougher than it should have been. Wasn’t that the match where she kept changing her racquet and arguing with Nouni?

Diyas had a relatively good end of 2017 if I recall correctly, winning Tokyo Intl.

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,114 Posts
She did look fitter. But I worry about Diyas who gave her a mild scare in Miami ‘16. She won in straights but the match ended up tougher than it should be. Wasn’t that the match where she kept changing her racquet and arguing with Nouni?

Diyas had a relatively good end of 2017 if I recall correctly, winning Tokyo Intl.
Yup to all of that!

Should be a beneficial match for Serena regardless of whether she wins or loses. She'll get to hit plenty of balls and shouldn't get yanked around the court too much.

I'm rooting for Marion to test out her movement in another hour though, purely out of curiosity. :lol::angel:

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,114 Posts
d. Bartoli 10-5 in this exho. Looked very good (and leaner!) I thought. Hit 2 aces and was moving decently. Exceeded my expectations. :inlove:

Plays one of Zhang/Cirstea in the SF in another ~30 minutes. Then Vandeweghe or Svitolina if she manages to make the final.

Alexis Sr was watching the match with Jill in the stands, but left because he needed to catch a flight to SF.

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,114 Posts
pump it looks to me like she has something on around her stomach. maybe for the c-section wound?
Hmmm, I didn't notice. I'll have to pay attention when I rewatch.

That match was fun though. Shame about the DFs and missed MPs, but her serve and movement were both 100x better than I expected. Getting robbed of the ace by the umpire and then hitting another was PEAK. :rolls::rolls:

Now to see if she can bring that level, or an even better one :drool:, to a best-of-3 match in a few days. Should be enough to beat Diyas if she can.

·
Rena's Army
34,943 Posts
yea she did look much better but I'm expecting the Diyas match to be a mess just because of the emotions like when she went back to IW the first time :lol: hopefully she can get some matches in and build up a rhythm for wimbledon/uso

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
It was fun watching Serena in action. Missed that and her. Good luck against Diyas!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Well hopefully two wins. Venus will be too much this soon. Happy to see her competing again!
Given Venus' form this year, and the fact she hasn't won a match yet, I don't see it being very difficult for Serena to win, if they play in the 3rd Round. That is unless Venus somehow comes out firing on all cylinders with her A game.

·
Registered
53,510 Posts
The full Indian Wells draw

Serena should reach R3 at least ! :p

Weird to see Serena, Sharapova, Azarenka all unseeded :hysteric:

Also Bencic, Bacsinszky, Stosur unseeded. And Aga Radwanska only seeded #31 :help:

·
Registered
53,510 Posts
1 - 20 of 252 Posts