Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tricoloured Montenegro flag in the user profile is the old one which has been changed. This is the current flag is

Someone should change it to this flag in user profile

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
there already was a thread about this a few months back. noone cared and it still hasn't changed. but i'm not surprised to see you caring, once again.

that's not the only incorrect flag. georgian flag is also incorrect and has been like that here for years. i'd also say austrian flag is incorrect because officially it is a plain triband without the black eagle.

i'm not sur all that has the highest priority, though.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not know that there was a thread on this before. I just wanted to make sure that the admins know that there is a problem with the flag, whether they change it or not is up to them.

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Stark said:
I did not know that there was a thread on this before. I just wanted to make sure that the admins know that there is a problem with the flag, whether they change it or not is up to them.
i'm not sure you can call that a "problem". the real problem is that you feel that you need to complain about this and not about georgian flag, for example. you know very well what i mean.

mind your own business. unless your business is hating other nations. which it must be, because caring about correct flags obviously isn't and when i think about how i met you here...

·
TennisHaven
24,039 Posts
azdaja said:
i'm not sure you can call that a "problem". the real problem is that you feel that you need to complain about this and not about georgian flag, for example. you know very well what i mean.

mind your own business. unless your business is hating other nations. which it must be, because caring about correct flags obviously isn't and when i think about how i met you here...
why are you jumping on his head??? hes here to report something about the montenegro flag. Big deal. Why dont you start a thread about the Georgian flag if not already done? If i was to report a error with my flag on here, you really think i care about any other flag here? NO... So many flags here ive never seen in my life......

GROUP HUG :D

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
belco said:
why are you jumping on his head???
it's not simply about this thread. it's also not really about a flag or anything. it's about why he cares about them.

and there will never be a group hug with me and stark in it, sorry. he started stomping on my toes from the moment he started to post. i don't mind him, though, unless he gets to silly.

i'm pretty sure you understand his mindset better than i do, though :p good luck to both of ya.

·
Administrator
1,945 Posts
So why bring it up again?
Let it go, if its still a problem keep it to yourself. Not everyone is expected to get along but theres no need to bring negativity into a post about an observstion.
We'll get the flags fixed up in due time. I dont want to close this thread since its info I will need to correct a problem. Post about the wrong flags, thats all.

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Steve said:
Let it go, if its still a problem keep it to yourself. Not everyone is expected to get along but theres no need to bring negativity into a post about an observstion.
We'll get the flags fixed up in due time. I dont want to close this thread since its info I will need to correct a problem. Post about the wrong flags, thats all.
no problem, just change the austrian flag to plain triband. don't care much about other flags...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Stark said:
edit by Steve:
what flags are wrong?
Where did my post go? Did you edit it?

When you chose Montenegro as your country in your profile the flag displayed besides your avatar is this

but it has been dropped and replaced by

The older flag is no longer used.

I don't know about Georgian and Austria's flags. Ask azdaja about it.

Btw thanks

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Steve said:
alright, you can find all correct flags on this site:

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags

the correct austrian flag is this:

the one used on this board is the state flag.

you can also find the new georgian flag there:

as for observations, i noticed that georgian flag was incorrect by mere coincidence because some poster used it a while ago. with stark there is no coincidence. it's political bias and ethnic hatred that lead him to make such observations and report them here (he will deny, of course, but his posts are very consistent in this regard). personally i don't really care much about flags, for me they are just fun items and stuff, but the issue of which flag is used can be politically charged. for that reason official flags should be used, i suppose. perhaps you should wait until decision about the new serbian flag is made? :unsure: it probably won't change, though.

otherwise you are right, stark did nothing wrong on this thread. i can't guarantee i will keep my negativity about him for myself though.

anyway, i will be glad to have the eagle from the austrian flag removed because i "hate" birds on flags :p

·
Administrator
1,945 Posts
Thanks for the input on the flags. We will update them accordingly.

Yes I edited your post because it was irrelevant and unclled for.
As for your issues with other members if you keep bringing up personal vendetas in threads the more mature one will prosper as the less mature one will no longer be here. There is no need for negativity on this forum and truth be told nobody wants to hear about it either.
This is a Tennis forum and people are here for the love of the game, lets try to keep it that way.
You guys can always put each other on ignore.

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
in theory you are right. in reality it never works that way on any board. a lot of posts in non-tennis forum are negative and hateful. i ignore them for the most part and i also ignore stark for the most part. but sometimes i do reply - sometimes because i'm bored, sometimes because i'm just in the mood for that. that's a part of the fun on internet forums as well :eek: there is actually little negativity in my posts especially compared to a lot of other posters (not mentioning any names). i just won't be friendly towards some people and stark is one of them.

anyway, appologies if this distracted you from more important work :eek:

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
belco said:
ill put my 5 cents in aswell then :D

the serbian flag should have a darker blue section not light blue ;)
the serbian flag here is correct. the one posted above is the old montenegrin flag.

·
TennisHaven
24,039 Posts
yea i know its correct.. but the light blue is crap.. darker blue is the only way ive seen the flag.. but coming to think of it now.. im sure when i used to be under the serbian county here it was darker..

might change it now and see :D

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
belco said:
my bad :D look at my flag nice dark blue :D
must be another country same flag just with light blue and i got :confused: :lol:
that other country is montenegro ;) this thread is about replacing that flag with the new one.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts