Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think August gold futures lost about 10 bucks today to finish at about $354 ish

six months from now, remember this thread

when yuo see gold trading for $600+, yuo can all bow to me because i will rulzzz :cool:

- Car Key Boi :wavey:

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,998 Posts
And you prediction is based on..?

I think that the price will still be starting with "3"..

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ys said:
And you prediction is based on..?
rumor has it that a master criminal is planning to bust into Fort Knox and is gonna destroy the entire Fed gold reserve with a nuke

apparently, he's being assisted by some hot female flying gurls, their leader being a hot English MILF that goes by the name of Pussy Galore, i shit yuo not :p

no seriously, there's a new trading instrument that's gonna be listed on the NYSE. Too long to get into detail, but basically it's the same type of instrument as the Gold Bullion Ltd. Fund that was listed on the Australian stock exchange a few months ago. The Oz exchange is a fraction of the size to ours, yet they still sold something like 80-85k ounces

i know for a fact that a lot of US hedge funds would love to buy physical gold instead of gold futures, and yet avoid the problems, expense and hassle that come with owning large amounts of bullion such as transportation, security, insurance and so forth

the stock market is very scary right now, no-one is sure which way it's gonna go, and i know that a lot of fund managers are already reducing their exposure and switching to bonds. If they have the opportunity to buy and own hard gold by the million, the price will rocket. We'll see :)

- Car Key Boi :cool:

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,998 Posts
::running buying gold on all $134.46 that I have in my possession::

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
I thought the price of gold goes up if there is uncertainty over currencies? :confused: I.e. if people feel that the exchange rate of their currencies will go down. Is that right? It's been awhile since I did my economics. ;)

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sam L said:
I thought the price of gold goes up if there is uncertainty over currencies? :confused: I.e. if people feel that the exchange rate of their currencies will go down. Is that right? It's been awhile since I did my economics. ;)
that's correct, in times of uncertainty gold is always sought after. Companies can go bust and hence their stock be worthless. Gold, however, will always hold a value no matter what the situation

if a nuclear war was to break out tomorrow, assuming yuo had a nuke-proof shelter and yuo had a choice of taking a single oz. of gold, or either 500,000 share certificates of Microsoft, or a billion $ worth of 30 year T bonds, choose the gold :)

- Car Key Boi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts